Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Titanium warranty polishing question
  • fj1200
    Free Member

Got myself a ti frame from a well known American fabricator which after 5 years of irregular
    Riding is now looking tatty. Am wanting to use a brown scotch pad to smarten it up and remove the tatty decals. I am concerned that this could void the lifetime warranty. Have emailed the supplier but no reply. Thoughts please

40mpg

Lifetime warranties on certain American ti frames don’t last much more than 5 years anyway. Apparently the accepted lifetime for a bike is 5 years 🙄

bikeneil
    Free Member

A guy i know had a hummer that developed a crack and was told by silverfish that it was caused by over polishing. They did eventually warranty it though but only after a load of phone calls from his lbs…

fj1200
    Free Member

Hear what you are saying but if the initial purchase was on the basis that lifetime was meant as the word suggests and It cost a lot relative to my hourly rate

oldgit
    Free Member

I got rid of my decals with paint stripper, gave it a good wash then a polish using metal polish and cloths not abrasive pads.
    Ten years on and a lifetime of very hard work it looks as good as new.

Warranty? Anywhere between the moment you rode it to about a year or so later….in reality.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Bike company’s have a differing view of lifetime from one to the next
    Could be 5-25 years or maybe less and all hidden within the terms and conditions

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

A guy i know had a hummer that developed a crack and was told by silverfish that it was caused by over polishing. They did eventually warranty it though but only after a load of phone calls from his lbs…

I remember this case well.
    The customer in question had ‘polished’ it sooo heavily with a mechanical polisher that he had turned a matt finished ti frame into a smooth polished finished frame.

That, as far as any manufacture is concerned, is less polishing, more reducing the thickness of tube and welds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Titanium warranty polishing question’ is closed to new replies.