Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Titanium hardtail… talk me out of it
  • dthom3uk

I’ve had a Sonder Signal Ti for about a year now and I love it. I’ve done everything from Leeds Urban Pike Park, The Dales, trail centres to bikepacking along the Northumbrian Coast. It does it all. I’ve never been stopped and asked about the frame as much since I got the Signal. I just love riding it.

nedrapier

Leeds Urban Pike Park

Is that down by the canal?

metalheart
    Free Member

Don’t rush me!

[ s o r r y ]

No rush, but there’s only 4 left (one on each size). Leave it any longer and the decision will be made for you…

The best way I can describe the SodaMAX is like the SolarisMAX (but even more so).

I bought a 26er (Lynsky) Soda because I loved my Soul so much. But I really didn’t get on with that one. It was not without some trepidation that I ordered mine, but ultimately I wasn’t disappointed.

Surely Cy will give you a trade in/discount… 🤣

kelvin

There’s 5 left, with one put aside for me.

Will report back next week.

Thanks for all the wise words either way folks.

monty777
    Free Member

Interesting read through this thread-especially since I ordered a Sonder Signal Ti last week. I went for the NX Eagle Revelation and added a dropper post. I had been lusting after a Ti hardtail for a couple of months, went up to Hathersage last week and rode their demonstrator-job done. I have had my current Specialized FSR Competition for 20 years so don’t tend to change bikes much. Sonder give a 10 year warranty on the frame which since I am 72 this year should do me. I will let you know what I think once it arrives and I have ridden it on trails I know.

funkmasterp

Thread needs pictures

scotroutes

OK

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9jWPoj]P1010623[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

kelvin

I’ve been off the bike since November after a nothing crash that messed my ribs about. No photos from me yet. I’m thinking of getting the steel one back…

racefaceec90

i have a kinesis sync ti 27.5″ which is my first ever ti bike which i bought about a year and a half ago ( always wanted a ti bike )

i cannot compare it to anything else i have ridden as it was all new (to me anyhoo) new wheel size,1 x drivetrain,geometry etc.

but i do love it i have to say (unfortunately not ridden for over 2 months atm due to various things,but i cannot wait to get back out on it again).

i always pat my sync when i go downstairs and have no plans of ever getting rid of it.

nedrapier

Based on the last 2 posts, Ti hardtails are dangerous. Avoid!

metalheart
    Free Member

Some of us posted up a photo on page 1, but hey ho 🤪

Now sporting 2.6 rubber…

Sorry hear about your ribs kelvin. Having had tendinitis in my left foot I sympathise (haven’t ridden the FlareMAX since July…)

funkmasterp

Can I have one of your spare to bikes please @ scotroutes? Three is just greedy.

solarider
    Free Member

Do it.

Ti hardtail, no frame furniture, wireless 1 x shifting and dropper. Super simple, back to basics. Best bike I have ever ridden and after years of trying various suspension bikes, I have returned to the classic Ti hardtail that inspired my username back in the day.

metalheart
    Free Member

wireless 1 x shifting and dropper…

back to basics

🤔 You sure about that?

😜

solarider
    Free Member

Ha. OK, it’s neat and tidy, but maybe not basic!

nedrapier

Nice! Albury Down?

metalheart
    Free Member

I removed simple (as that could have be argued…). 😁

Your revision however I’ll not be picky about. 👍

Oh, nice looking bike btw

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

MTB

A post shared by Craig Turner (@iamthebeerjesus) on

Titus Fireline ti 29er
    Sized up then put a short stem and longer fork (140mm Pike) on it to decrease the head angle to about 65

Running a 1×10″ groupset (Saint/XT and Middleburn cranks), Hope brakes, Hope/Easton wheels with 2.1″ XC tyre at the back and a 2.6″ Trail Boss at the front.
    Gravity Dropper seatpost.

Just a great all-round bike. Happy to do trail centre riding, bigger stuff (Lakes etc) and long distance XC (camping etc)

scotroutes

Can I have one of your spare to bikes please @ scotroutes? Three is just greedy.

That’s an old photo, though I still have two of those and there’s another third one these days. I’ve pondered on a Ti fatbike frame but the Cube Nutrail I bought cheap because the parts on it would go on said Ti frame is so nice I’ve not bothered.

I should really do another line up though.

Didn’t someone have seven Ti bikes at one point?

philjunior
    Free Member

It’ll probably crack.

Possibly newer test standards mitigate this to some degree, but it’s notioriously difficult to weld so despite great fatigue performance in the parent metal, the welds and HAZ are vulnerable to failure.

I did not have a good experience with mine (3 months until the cracking happened), keep your current frame, spend the money on a great present for your SO or some nicer parts for your current frame.

nt80085

Loving my Kingdom Vendetta X2

null

andyjh

Very nice Vendetta 😁 Loving mine also, although only just got mine so only a couple of rides in.

peteimpreza

@metalheart is that 2.6 front and back? What is the clearance like

Wally

Sonder Signal Ti happy rider here.
    Really fun.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Only bike I regret selling. A ti voodoo djab. Awesome capable bike. Built up light 100mm xc weapon, ss capable or whack a 130mm fork and it’s a monster.

Also had the lovely Kent eriksen ti seat post

metalheart
    Free Member

@peteimpreza yup. Hillbilly (if the cap fits… 🤪) out back, Purgatory up front.

There’s reasonable clearance (both tyres measures 64.25mm wide on 30 int width XM481s). I did get the odd bit of gravel pick up/frame pings but hey ho.

I’ll try get photos tomorrow….

peteimpreza

Thanks, sounds like a test for when it dries up.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Re: the thread subject, because it’s more expensive to replace than steel or ali when the geo gets outdated?

MadBillMcMad

@scotroutes, that’ll probably be John climber.

scotroutes

@MadBillMcMad

@scotroutes
    , that’ll probably be John climber.

Nah. It weren’t him.

sadexpunk

Didn’t someone have seven Ti bikes at one point?

@scotroutes, that’ll probably be John climber.

Nah. It weren’t him.

wasnt it solarider? ^^^

bazzer
    Free Member

I still have my 26″ Soda and I love it, not ridden it for a while I need to put a new drive train on it. This thread has enthused me to sort it out and get out on it 🙂

mariner
    Free Member

Had my ti Stooge for a couple of years and eventually sold it.
    Spent ages looking for something else but nothing compared so bought another.
    Took it for its first ride last weekend. It was a bit muddy as they are logging up in the woods.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2im4SSd]P1220749 (1024×576)[/url] by michaelwex10, on Flickr

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Titanium hardtail… talk me out of it’ is closed to new replies.