Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • Titanium Bikes…
  • somafunk

gonetothehills : Sounds like we’re both smitten by the Tripster ATR, like you i am “amazed” by the way it can hold speed on rough surfaces without me feeling “oh my gaw’d i’m outa’ control and going to die here…” had a 47mph fire road descent last week in the drops from the Bennan radio mast nr to Merrick, SW scotland and i can honestly say when i eventually stopped i looked behind and genuinely giggled to myself “that was **** mental” but i was buzzing – i’ve not rode my hummer for a month either………

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more! I don’t think I’ve *quite* given it that much of a wringing out, but on the road (most of my 22 mile e/w commute is made up of a mix of pot holes and cow shit) it really does shine. I’ve actually got better PRs on segments in the hills that I’d ridden on my 16lb carbon road bike, uphill and down – I’ve complained to Dom that I didn’t buy it for that!

Bank Holiday weekend sees its first ‘tour’ – I’m finally going to do the Cheshire Cycleway (it goes within a mile of my front door and I’ve ridden most of the sections within 30miles of home, but want to do the whole 180miles) over a couple of days. Genuinely ‘kid before Christmas’ excited about it.

A small jiffy bag of titanium bolts appears to have arrived today to ‘finish off’ the build. Ha’p’orth of tar and all that…ahem… 8)

singlecrack
    Free Member

One of them Ti Dialled Alpines ….that were floating about a while ago would be the only one to get me back on a 26″bike

somafunk

Yeah, i hear you wi the “tour” idea, i’m planning a mini adventure up the west coast of scotland for mine – hopefully in September dependant on weather, either camping or tarping and traveling very light wi all my TI camping gear and alpkit bar/seat bags. I think i have my entire camping/clothing kit weight down to well under 4kg so bring it on – can’t bloody wait……like you i’ve replaced every bolt for Ti on the bike but i work in a bike shop so i guess i’m cheating. 😉

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Old one, had it 14 years, selling was a mistake:

2008_0506_183833AA by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Current ones:

Only just got this one:

Kinesis Sync by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Had this one a few years:

Cove Hummer by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

oldgit
    Free Member

Just sold mine. It had many redeeming qualities, and it served me well for years never letting me down once.
    The only thing I never liked about it or the other Ti bikes I’ve ridden was the feel. It just felt a bit dead.
    I’ve got a custom Bob Jackson on order to replace it.

takisawa2

I’d like a Ti version of my SIR.9, that could run Surly Krampus wheels & a belt drive. 🙂

scotroutes

I’m sure these guys would modify a Rudy Fat for you…

http://traversbikes.bigcartel.com/product/29er-rudy

tinribz
    Free Member

Picked this up from the depot today after sitting in customs for a week.

charliedontsurf

Blood splattered bikemonger stickers look extra cool.

Titanium.
    Ti Fargo… About to cross a stream, as the bridge was missing.

And my next ti bike… Salsa warbird. Due soon.

nicemonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the mention scotroutes, Yes we can make a custom frame to accommodate 29er+ wheels.

The updated pre-ordered “Rudy Fat” (29er+) will be hitting the trails early September. I will post pictures as soon as I get the frames built up into bikes! There is now a custom section on our site where you can build your dream bike and get a quote. http://www.traversbikes.com 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

i didn’t fancy leaving the frame outside so next time i have an excuse to head up to the big city i’ll drop it in.

Cool – yes, top tube might be saveable, down tube probably not 😉

Houns

Mine ready for my first eve bikepacking/bivvy last week

Also liking that tripster a lot

brassneck

Not sure if this’ll come out ..

Ti 456 in original flavour.

EDIT: Bah, give up. It was FaceTube don’t suppose they like linking or something.

the_lecht_rocks

here’s my lates in a long line of Ti hardtail ownership :

IMAG0264 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

ska-49
    Free Member

A recent bike I had. Hit every branch on the way down..
    Weighed next to nothing and was a great ride. Couldn’t tell you what it was made from from its ride characteristics though.

Tricone
    Free Member

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92240861@N04/8382970016/][/url]
    IMG_1513 by stelleon, on Flickr

mangatank
    Free Member

t_l_r, what size us that frame?

CheesybeanZ

Tricone , very nice . I do like a swoopy Black Sheep .

the_lecht_rocks

Manga 18″

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

My Quiring with Ventana rear end.

singlespeedstu

I’d post some pictures up of some of my Ti bikes but i’ve got rid of them all now.
    They were all cracking bikes though. 😆

If you get the chance to inspect a genuine “Jones” (built by jeff) then have a good look at the welding and run your fingernail over it

They’re all Merlins in your picture Kenny.

And so’s the other one that’s posted.

grey

Mine, Van Nic made 456Ti with Alfine 11 hub. Not had it built for long but excellent so far. Now has black saddle and Reverb.

amplebrew

Here’s a quick pic of my mine.

Just awaiting a couple of small parts to finish.

WP_20130816_005 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

somafunk

Are you 100% sure they are “merlin” built jones in my picture?, One of the three pictured belonged to Biff – his personal bike built by Jeff, the other two belonged to Jeff Jones himself, Biff & Jeff stayed at mine a few days before we headed up to Aviemore for the 2007 singlespeed world champs, we rode Kirroughtree and Drumlanrig.

singlespeedstu

Kenny.
    Yep fairly shure.

Jeff tried to sell me one of the space frames and he wasn’t bothered which one i had.

I ended up buying the original one that was built by Merlin for him as a test frame.

That now has a different fork and downtube and lives with someone else.

Having seen a custom Jones built by Jeff I’d say the welding on the Merlins was a little better.

Pictured here with the original fork and down tube.

2008_0504scotchland080088 by multispeedstu, on Flickr

singlespeedstu

Oh and a bit OT but here’s a picture of Kenny the night before his big crash.

Who says drinking and riding don’t mix. 😆

1359435137_8552fb45da.jpg by monomaniac(tom), on Flickr

somafunk

That’s a terrible slur on my riding drinking ability, I was merely inspecting the underside of my volvo. 😀

tazzymtb

another sheepie, common as bloomin jones these days 😀

singlespeedstu

It’s still going then Tazz. 🙂

tazzymtb

hasn’t killed me yet! actually works and rides even betterer with Ti rigid forks and a knard than with a boingy frontage. The Carver MyTi bars are just sexy little numbers as well

singlespeedstu

The bar looks very much like one of James’s.

sp
    Free Member

I have a mate who is selling his Ti Lynskey Ridgeline 26 SS

plus-one

This frame will be up for sale soon … It’s a 2007 voodoo djab 18″ in lovely condition as not had use it deserves 🙁

Current decals say its a Kona Sleekit !!!! Well joe Murray designed it 😉

Can remove them if required please get in touch if interested ..

Maymayshaft@aol.com

Can be run ss or geared

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

tinribz
    Free Member

First ride today, perfect weather.

Kuco

My old CX bike. Still got the frame just needs building up.

Babyjack
    Free Member

I think I have the same fork as Tazzy. Ti seatpost now ordered to replace the masterpiece.

Damn! Doesn’t flickr work on stw, or am I doing something wrong?

Babyjack
    Free Member
    shedbrewed
    Free Member

Here you go mate

Babyjack
    Free Member

Thanks Shedbrewed.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Titanium Bikes…’ is closed to new replies.