Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Titanium bars…..
  • Brake-neck
    Free Member

….anyone know where I can get a Ti bar, 710mm would be good, also, does anyone have any experience using Ti bars?

messiah
    Free Member

tada!

http://www.ekmpowershop18.com/ekmps/shops/kingdombike/kingdom-lunar-760-ti-bar-171-p.asp

No idea what they feels like but they are available.

PJay
    Free Member

Nukeproof used to do some titanium risers (a sort of 3 piece welded design) but I don’t think that they’re available any more, and there’s someone selling ti. flat bars on ebay.

I fancy a set as they make sense on a rigid bike, but I’d be looking at risers in the 660mm range (I imagine that they’re tough to cut down!).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Brake-neck
    Free Member

Thanks guys those lunars look shiny 🙂

Clink

Mate had some custom made by Seven cycles in US – was remarkably cheap. He loves them.

StuE
    Free Member

Discontinued but you might find someone with old stock or on ebay
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/News.aspx?NewsID=539

ruscle
    Free Member

Nukeproof bars proved deadly as would snap at welds so they recalled them and stopped production, so if you did find one just step away!!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I have some of the 7 cycles ti flat bars. They are about 710ish wide. Never weighed them but they felt heavier than expected. Ride is nice, like carbon, stiff but no harshness. I bought them after a broken wrist and aluminum bars making it ache, carbon bars stopped that, these did too

fasthaggis

Ti bars (flat)came as standard on my old Kona Explosif pro.
    I have used them on a lot of bikes since,and really like them.
    Those lunars do look good.

fasthaggis

don’t forget the Must Have finishing kit 🙂 😉

Clink
    Brake-neck
    Free Member

Lol £75 for a bell!!! Thats an interesting site Clink.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I think i may have read in the Cotic news somewhere that they are planning a Ti flat bar as they struggled to find a bar that met there needs for the Solaris 29er.

EDIT: From Cotic news

11/07/2011 : …
    We’ve also ordered some sample wide, flat handlebars ahead of the 29er production (penciled in for Spring 2012). Cy has the Sunline 762’s (cut down to 720) on his, but the big sweep isn’t really working for him. Paul’s tried some wide Salsa’s on his Soul, but again the big sweep that people seem to be putting on these bars wasn’t to his liking. We’ve looked around for some nice wide bars (the 29er definitely needs flats in our opinion), but they all seem to sprout an odd sweep (8 degrees or more) once they get wide. What’s wrong with 5 degrees or so? Nothing, as far as our wrists are concerned, but we couldn’t find much out there to satisfy our requirements. So, we’re looking at some carbon and some titanium flat bars to try out and see if they do the job. We’ll see….

Rorschach
    Free Member

700mm+ bars with LESS than 8degrees sweep make my wrists ache like buggery after 4-5hours…..could be the rigid fork though.

jameso

700mm+ bars with LESS than 8degrees sweep make my wrists ache like buggery after 4-5hours.

Ditto, after less time too. The wider the bar the more the 8 deg + sweep feels right. I have some 710mm risers with 8 deg sweep and really didn’t like them until I rolled them backward. It’s mostly personal but if you hold your arms out naturally and widen the hand position, the angle between the wrists opens out, so should bar sweep, maybe only a degree or 2 but it helps.

Anyway, back to OP, yes I like the Ti bars I have but they’re a different shape to my wide risers. If I found a good 710 x 9/5 degree ti riser I’d be tempted but they seem few and far between and would go on a bike where I expect I’d prefer a good Al bar – big tyres and forks mean the bar’s doing little for comfort and control / stiffness seems more important.

jameso

doh wrong thread edit

amplebrew

I’m sure I read somewhere that Thomson were bringing out some ti bars.

They’re stuff is usually good quality.

Jerome
    Free Member

I have super short merlin ti bars and some jones bars

c_klein87

http://fireflybicycles.com/components firefly do some lush ones, fairly custom as well. i’m after some jones ti copies as they don’t have the original shape anymore

witty.name
    Free Member

I ordered a pair from firefly.720mm,9 degree backsweep,bead blasted finish.Very happy with them all round and look ace.Recommend.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Witty, what did they cost you if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks all of you for yer posts btw 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I actually have to have this. Somebody please buy for me it.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Cheaper and lighter than Ti !

But if its Ti you want, Lynskey are due to release theirs soon also.

witty.name
    Free Member

Firefly bars,including shipping cost me about £115 i think.Then got stung for another £20ish import duty etc.

br
    Free Member

w.m

Interested in both their weight and performance; ie better/lighter than equivilent carbon?

Edit – Am I right, that they need shimming?

witty.name
    Free Member

Yes they need shimming.Weight wise they are similar to my enve carbon bars.They are very comfy (i find) on my rigid ss but performance wise,cant say theyre any better at all than carbon,they just go well with my ti stem.ti frame,ti seatpost.I like ti. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Titanium bars…..’ is closed to new replies.