Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tissington and High Peak trail
  • robbo1234biking

Going to do a road ride from Derby over to Ashbourne then along the Tissington Trail and then back along the High Peak trail past carsington etc and working way back to Derby. What are the surfaces of the tissington and high peak trails like? Can I get away with road tyres? Not to worried about comfort

jeffl

Mostly mettaled so you’ll be fine on road tyres.

angeldust
    Free Member

Yes, any tyres will do

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    drnosh
    Free Member

Yep. Any road tyre will do. I recently rode the l’eroica Britannia on road 700 x 23 tyres. Fine hard gravel surface. No problems.

robbo1234biking

Cheers. Would post up my route if I could work out how to upload a gpx route to Strava without it trying to make it a route I have ridden with fast times.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I’ve done a nice route similar to yours Robbo……..Northbound A6 from Derby to Ambergate, then turn right after the Hurt Arms pub under the bridge to follow the canal path to Cromford. Turn left at Cromford to go under the bridge (a6) and follow the high peak trail to the fork that meets with the Tissington Trail. carry on northbound to Parsley Hay Bike hire for a refuel. Turn back and then fork right at the junction for Tissington Trail back to Ashbourne then follow the roads back through Ashbourne…Hulland Ward/Mercaston/Weston Underwood etc to Derby…

Very simple route.

robbo1234biking

Did the route today. Relive below.

Went up the Tissington Trail and back down the High Peak trail. Was a bit dissapointed with the trail sections actually. Couldnt really get into a rythm as constantly slowing down and accelerating with other people on the trail. The ohter people were mostly unhappy as well – said morning to everyone but think only one person replied out of about 15! Anyway that seemed to sap my energy so the rest of the ride was pretty tough but surprised that i enjoyed the road sections more.

Used Schwalbe G One Speeds 38 width. Would double wrap bar tape next time as well for 25 miles of non-stop gravel to make the hands a bit more comfortable. Next time I think Ill get in the car and drive further north to o some more challenging ascents in the peaks.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28UgTKB]Untitled[/url] by Rob Belsom, on Flickr

<h4>Relive ‘Morning Ride’</h4>

<script async src=”//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js” charset=”UTF-8″></script>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tissington and High Peak trail’ is closed to new replies.