Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • tips on timing for a mates race please
  • bobbyspangles

Hello there

maybe looking to run a little enduro, with 3 stages and wondered who has experience of timing for this type of thing?
    just a watch a walkie talkies or is there an app?

All help greatly received thank you

wiggles
    Free Member

Strava segments?

wwaswas

Everyone goes off at 1 minutes intervals from an agreed time. Write down the time they cross the line. Difference is their time for the run

bobbyspangles

thanks
    some good ideas there.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Hi if this is who I think it is.

We have done a few of these by just making Strava segments. Seemed to work alright as long as everyone’s got a phone with half decent GPS or a Garmin.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Webscorer Ipad App – the app is free for basic functions and you pay for a license for the more advanced bits (but can just pay a small fee for a month license which is all I did!)

I used it to time an MTB race as a back up on chip timing.

Not sure how suited it is to enduro timing but you can do all your set up on race numbers on a spreadsheet that the app uses for reference (start times, category, laps in my case!)

Its a simple touch screen on the riders race number as they cross – pretty basic but takes the pressure out of calculations!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

We just self timed

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Agree with wwaswas its the simplest way to do it you just need 2 syncronised stopwatches(mobile phones would do). Time Trials have been run this way for years

Superficial
    Free Member

Do it Megavalanche-style with a mass start. More potential for carnage (I.e. more awesomer) and easier to time. First one over the line = winner. Simple.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Agree with wwaswas its the simplest way to do it you just need 2 syncronised stopwatches(mobile phones would do). Time Trials have been run this way for years

You may want to leave a bigger gap if it’s tight and twisty and passing is an issue.

Chew
    Free Member

Either

just self timed

If you want to stagger everyone on an ITT basis (everyone needs to be honest)

or

Do it Megavalanche-style with a mass start. More potential for carnage (I.e. more awesomer) and easier to time. First one over the line = winner. Simple

If you want it a head to head race (no arguments either)

oldskooler
    Free Member

Easy to time manually and have an excel spreadsheet set up, on a tablet/laptop to get quick results.

Superficial
    Free Member

Laptop? Spreadsheet?

Not like t’were in my day. Jumpers for goalposts etc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘tips on timing for a mates race please’ is closed to new replies.