Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tiny Kitchen prices?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m moving back into my old tiny terrace in the next few months, it desperately needs a new kitchen fitting, but the kitchen is very very small. I’ve got a bit of money to one side, but also need a damp proof course so that will take up some of that.

Any ideas on how to save on costs? Even DIY?

johndoh
    Free Member

Watch out on local Freecycle groups – people are always giving away old kitchens.

nickjb
    Free Member

DIY is pretty easy. Ikea stuff is designed for DIY fitting and well made and well priced. Loads of slight seconds or mildly damaged kitchen stuff available too.

On a money saving note do you definitely need a damp proof course? Worth including it in a new build but the lack of it is rarely the sole cause of damp in an old building and there’s quite a few dodgy damp treatment salesmen out there. Not saying yours isn’t a perfectly valid job, just that I’d look into it a bit more before spending the money.

cultsdave
    Free Member

I just bought a new kitchen from here http://www.diy-kitchens.com/
    Spent quite a lot of time designing it myself, htey have loads of different sizes and shapes of cupboard so you should be able to fit plent of storage options withing a small room.
    The quality of the units was very good and the price was similar to B&Q.

spooky_b329

A small kitchen means its ‘easy’ to get a secondhand one and have enough bits.

I rejigged a tiny kitchen and what worked really well was using wall cupboards as thin base units along one wall (you’ll need some extra feet)

Add a worktop and you have an area for your toaster/kettle etc and you can keep your main worktop clear of clutter.

IKEA open wire shelves keeps the room feeling bigger and still offers some high storage.

Would add pics but Facebook seems to have stopped allowing direct links…

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Brilliant all this, cheers on the damp proof advice too. It was the letting agency who let the house out who told me about that, luckily I know a brilliant and honest builder, I’ll get him to check that out.

I’m actually worried about where my bike will go, I used to save space there when I raised the size of the door under the stairs and got a fridge in there, thinking that’s where I’ll put the bike as there absolutely nowhere else for it to go.

olly2097
    Free Member

Ikea do some really cheap units. Also dryzone damp proofing is real easy to yourself if you have a drill.

midlifecrashes

I’ve been happy with Wicked when there’s an offer on, and a local place, Keencost kitchens. For super cheap, keep an eye on eBay as loads of serviceable units and worktops get skipped.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tiny Kitchen prices?’ is closed to new replies.