Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Tinfoil hats just got an upgrade!
  • Rich_s

https://shieldapparels.com/

The hats block 5G, but not sure about the panties. Maybe they just block the D?

Quite like the idea of a signalproof giftcard too, but how do they take payment off it if it’s signal proof?

StuE
    Free Member

Has the saying goes, a fool and his money

dannyh
    Free Member

Monetising stupidity.

The new boom industry.

To be fair, QVC have been doing it for decades.

DezB
    Free Member

Brilliant. Wish I’d thought of selling that nonsense.

Review: “I cannot say if it’s placebo…” nope, me neither. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

I thought it was just my age, but maybe I already have signal proof boxers?

stevie750

Powered by pure silver

But shite is brown?

dannyh
    Free Member

Peckham Spring Water.

kerley
    Free Member

They don’t seem to sell trousers. I can kit myself out in a beanie, neck tube, hoodie, coat and pants but surely the evil radiation will get to my legs and I will still be at risk?

Poopscoop

Absolutely ******* incredible.

It’s like some elements of humankind have decided to go back to the dark ages.

PJM1974
    Free Member

A few years back we went on a family holiday to Scotland, my stepsons (twin boys, then aged fourteen) moaned constantly about the lack of mobile signal in a static caravan site up in the Trossachs. I explained that something metallic held at an extremity of one’s body would help capture mobile signals and would help their phones get reception.

They duly set to work with a roll of tin foil and crafted a pair of tinfoil hats, popped them on and I took photos of them to mark the occasion. It took a while for the penny to drop, but since then they’ve never whined about the lack of a mobile signal anywhere.

Poopscoop

^^ lol, very good.😁

finbar
    Free Member

Good god. I love the picture on the front page of the website. If you’re that bothered about your phone emitting radioactive nasties, don’t point at your ****ing face to take a photo of you wearing one of those ugly-ass hats.

willard

€79 for a T-shirt????

Shiiiiiit. I need in on that game.

footflaps

I bet they don’t even remotely attenuate RF either, silver fibre density will be far too low, plus the gaping great big holes in the garments…

dudeofdoom

I’m sure I’ve seen that technology(?) used in cheap socks.

Be cheaper to buy a pair and share with a friend, just pop your plums in and your all er protected.

dudeofdoom

assuming you have plums ymmv.

beej

Kudos to the people selling the stuff though, they’ve identified a market and exploited it.

Houns

SHIELD is the first stylish & comfortable EMF protective clothing with more than 20,000 customers around the globe.

They’ve fudged up with this on their homepage. I’d say a good percentage of their potential customers would happen to be flatearthers too, this isn’t going to go down well with them

Greybeard
    Free Member

Their knowledge of 5g isn’t very reliable:

The second phase of “5G roll-out” will use much higher frequencies, 20 000 – 30 000 GHz

30 000 GHz is infrared, not radio.

Rich_s

Yeah, that’s what they’d like you to think.

DYOR.

Murray

I love “And without the wind, the grass does not move.”

IS THERE SOME EVIDENCE THAT SIGNALS ARE HARMFUL?
    The answer is: No, there’s no evidence.

We are not saying that it’s proved or we should be scared. And the truth is that there is no official evidence that signals cause something. But there are many studies and plenty of documentaries which are dealing with this topic. And without the wind, the grass does not move. If you want to know more about this issue, here is the list of studies.

dereknova
    Free Member

Apparently set up by one of the heavy contributors to this group of nutters on the pistonheads covid thread.

martinhutch

the pistonheads covid thread.

I’m not brave enough to click on that.

voodoo-rich

no balaclava. v disappointed.

darthpunk
    Free Member

based on that HBO documentary “Q Into the Storm” that i’m currently watching and the idiots being sucked into that maelstrom of dumbness, the folks behind this brand will soon be millionaires.

Up there with:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Faraday-Defense-Router-Shield-Quality/dp/B08GQC9JF4/ref=pd_sbs_1/262-1141959-7456919?pd_rd_w=nuurD&pf_rd_p=1469375b-13b4-495f-86c1-e268482be980&pf_rd_r=14SF5HB4ZRV0B446WR4G&pd_rd_r=298b1828-e6ea-4b9a-8a0c-4cfd5d4ab90a&pd_rd_wg=LP7gF&pd_rd_i=B08GQC9JF4&psc=1

Rich_s

I was. Bloody hell; that is one batshit crazy place.

On the first page there’s a quote I tried to track down the source of – seems to go nowhere in particular as it ends up in a series of “local” websites all quoting the same thing but without quoting their source.

Then when you read the quote, it doesn’t actually clearly state what it appears to. That was a half hour wasted 🙄

willard

I did. I am now scared for people that have to be around some of the people on that thread.

Cougar

I was. Bloody hell; that is one batshit crazy place.

96 pages in six days is impressive. Over a thousand in three months. And I thought we had nowt better to do.

lovewookie

so these are basically the odour eliminator nanosilver clothing that’s been around for quite some time? but with added caveat-ed claims, and a hefty upcharge.

Problem is, nanoparticles wash out over time and their environmental fate is not that well understood.

dereknova
    Free Member

I originally thought it was a pile of angry people on furlough (understandable) but now they all just seem **** barmy!

DezB
    Free Member

Problem is, nanoparticles wash out over time and their environmental fate is not that well understood

Hang on! You mean… you’re not saying… these hats, these clothes… might. not. work??!

mattyfez

Rich_s

Problem is, nanoparticles wash out over time and their environmental fate is not that well understood.

It’s not all bad – somewhere swimming about in the North Atlantic might be some badass salmon, hardened to EMP.

augustuswindsock

This is inspired, instead of arguing with them we should be just flogging them shit.
    Iirc correctly there was a prof at Teesside uni who promoted all sorts of new age bollocks, including a pendant with a bit of copper wire in it that could could channel some cosmic energy or something like that – he probably made a good few quid out of it!

footflaps

I think they meant MHz rather than GHz.

Verizon’s 5G product is in the 28 GHz A1 band in the US (27.5 GHz to 28.35 GHz).

CountZero

It’s like some elements of humankind have decided to go back to the dark ages.

There was a lot more rationality back then, by comparison to now; lower baseline of scientific knowledge.

Kudos to the people selling the stuff though, they’ve identified a market and exploited it.

Exploited. Yes, I think that’s an appropriate way of describing it…

Mat

WHY IS MY CELL PHONE RINGING INSIDE THE HAT?

The answer is: The signal around must be stronger than the hat is able to completely attenuate.

Signal-blocking hat is not a magic. It’s the pure physics. Special shielding fabric can shield only the particular spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. Generally, the shielding effect is up to ≈80db. If the signal around is more than this value, what is the very normal and common situation, your cell phone covered by hat will be ringing. But the received signal is reduced almost to the null. It’s the same with waterproof, windproof, bulletproof or other proof materials. If you start shooting from the machine gun to the bulletproof vest, it will fail. If you expose the waterproof jacket to the storm, it will fail. If you expose the windproof pants to the hurricane, it will fail. But you will still stay somehow more protected and comfortable than you would be without it. Signalproof feature is not 100% protection, but it’s worth having it.

🤣 – very Brass Eye

there’s no real evidence for it – but it is scientific fact…

EDIT: the whole FAQ is hilarious, I’m reading it to myself in an Adam Buxton voice:

If you are thinking about signals that come through other parts of body and hit the inside of the reflective side of apparel, then pass back through the body a second time or stay inside and multiply their power, then you have to know that it is ridiculous. The signal is not a bullet and the apparel / hat is not an amplifier. It’s like giving a question, “why do i feel cold in my winter jacket, it was supposed to protect me against cold and it comes through my sleeves, top and bottom parts.”

mattyfez

This is inspired, instead of arguing with them we should be just flogging them shit.

This is a very good point… me and a friend have often thought we could re-purpose some tat from ali express, like a a dog collar or something daft as some kind of chi-alignment wrist band. we’d probably make millions.

oldnpastit

We have a fabulously expensive shielded RF chamber at work and even a tiny hole is enough for it to let 802.11 come pouring in

So I shall recommend we replace it with some silver beanies.

Cougar

We have a fabulously expensive shielded RF chamber at work and even a tiny hole is enough for it to let 802.11 come pouring in

You should move here, I’m ****ed if I can get it to the back corner of our dining room.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Tinfoil hats just got an upgrade!’ is closed to new replies.