Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Time Trials..anyone think they will happen this year?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I think ctt have said none till mid July, and issued some guidance on doing them safely. I can’t think of many sports that would suit social distancing better. Close the toilets and the cake stop, dispense with the need for a pusher, and somehow sort out the sign on process and you are good to go. That said no mention from my club if they will start this season. If not I get to retain my club tt vet champion status by default!

Since its such a nice evening I’m actually going to take the tt bike out for the first time this year to get some idea of my form, more out of hope than anything else..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen something about them restarting, or maybe it was just planning for mid July.

Online registration and results, no pushers and no hanging around at the start/finish. Does seem odd that they’ve not restarted, as you say, they’re inherently socially distant!

eskay

I had an email from CTT pleading for volunteers. Many of the usual volunteers are elderly or have health conditions and they are unable to support any events on health grounds. Without the extra volunteers they are predicting many events will be cancelled (even though they would have been allowed to run).

slowoldman

Does seem odd that they’ve not restarted, as you say, they’re inherently socially distant!

Especially with respect to spectators.

convert

they’re inherently socially distant!

I would go as far as to say your average tester lives a pretty socially distanced life too! Or is that audaxers?!?

Anyway, I fancy a club 10 on an evening like tonight.

Then an audax this weekend.

Go me and all my antisocial sports!

pdw
    Free Member

Provisionally restarting in the 2nd week of July, although I think this is still subject to final CTT approval.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Anyway, I fancy a club 10 on an evening like tonight.

Yep, the weather got me thinking, and has tempted me to go out for an unofficial blast round one of the club routes tonight.

The power numbers I’ve been putting out on the tt bike (On the turbo) have been frankly depressing however, so half of me wants the season to be cancelled in its entirety!

mattsccm
    Free Member

My club is starting on the 7th of July. Usual evening events, no push off, same number for the season.

TiRed

I’m not hopeful for open events. At all. Club events can run since they tend not to have an HQ. I will get on a bike for July and hope for some 12h action by September.

tpbiker
    Free Member

My club is starting on the 7th of July. Usual evening events, no push off, same number for the season

The same number all season makes sense for sure.

I’m just back from riding my local 10 mile tt route on the tt bike. Dear Lord I forgot how awful it is. I genuinely can’t understand where all my power goes when I’m on a tt bike..today my power was at least 10% down on what i can do on a road bike, and it felt twice as hard. It feels like I’m using a whole different set of leg muscles.

Work to be done before the season kicks off for sure

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Time Trials..anyone think they will happen this year?’ is closed to new replies.