Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Time lapse video of me building up my bike :)
  • grum
    Free Member

I’m guessing it was meant to be light hearted piss-taking rather than being nasty/snobby (I hope anyway).

jedimaster
    Free Member

thank you for all the nice comments btw 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

jedimaster – Member

wow you guys are so sad. I wonder if the bikes that you ride get 5* reviews and and are at the top of rankings in bike mags in their class.

You don’t need a £6000 trek remedy 9.9 to enjoy mountain biking. I hope that you will understand that some day. 🙄

Chill out chap, they are joking. I’m 99% sure that nobody on this thread is actually properly taking the piss out of you for having a carrera. My comment was definitely meant in jest.

bearnecessities

Jedi, don’t bite.

Nice looking bike, you need a splash of colour I reckon as well, just a bit…red? 😀

Good effort and enjoy (and don’t bite!).

Northwind

All-time king of the £500 bikes, that Fury- brilliant bikes. There was a point where Halfords were selling them for £370 new, meanwhile one of the bike mags stuck the downgraded model that followed it in a £750 hardtails test and it won 🙂

If I was going to be mean I might say that it’s not very custom! Fake Mavics aside 😉 But doesn’t matter, there was nothing on it that needed changing. Shorter stem maybe, and cranks once the BB wears out.

chief9000
    Free Member

Jedi,

Personally I didn’t look at your bike as I was too distracted by the marigolds. But seriously, we are here because we enjoy mountain biking and it doesn’t matter what bike you have. The people taking the piss are probably the fools here because they have paid stupid amounts of money for bikes that have cost the same to produce as yours.

dantsw13

Nice one!! I’m tempted to do the same when I build up my Santa Cruz Heckler next month, but all the comments about the state of my workshop I’d get puts me off!!

Building a bike up from scratch is great fun, and you really get to know how it works, and keep it running smooth. I’ve just rebuilt my first freehub (HP2) and was surprised how simple it was.

buck53

used my phone lol. The app is called lapse it pro

Very impressive, would have never guessed, as you can tell!

wobbem
    Free Member

So how many days did it take to build the bike? 😈

sherry
    Free Member

I liked it. Good sound track, well done. Let’s face it if it was a boutique bike people would be praising it more.

wors

I liked it, nice vid. 😀

watsontony
    Free Member

sorry i not not mean to come across as being nasty about his bike, just a bit of banter. Some of you guys need to lighten up.

and was it built using all new parts or did you just take it apart and replace a few parts? or just clean?

sbob
    Free Member

jedimaster – Member

Is any good or just pure rubbish?

Well it’s utterly pointless.

But still cool. 8)

jedimaster
    Free Member

sorry i not not mean to come across as being nasty about his bike, just a bit of banter. Some of you guys need to lighten up. and was it built using all new parts or did you just take it apart and replace a few parts? or just clean?

I did a full clean and then relubed everything, kind of a winter check up together with changing gear inners and outers 🙂

vorlich
    Free Member

Ripping someone for wearing Marigolds is fair game and the OP took it in the spirit intended. Snide remarks about bike brand, may be ‘banter’ to you, but the bike is presumably the OPs pride and joy, given his enthusiasm for making and sharing this video with a community of supposedly like minded individuals.

This forum needs more folk like the OP, and fewer folk who know the price of everything and value of nothing.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, well done!

JohnnyPanic

Nice! What’s the soundtrack?

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

I liked it, the thing is a lot of people on here making comments about the bike are probably relatively old guys with expensive bikes, bare in mind a young person on an apollo could beat them round a trail. Buying an expensive bike doesn’t make you better. But top job on the editing too.

br
    Free Member

But, where were the tea/coffee/beer breaks?

Not a single drink to be seen.

timc
    Free Member

Good lil video that, great use of app & a good lil build, admire your enthusiasm

Whats even better is you mugged off the clowns having a ‘bit of banter’ about riding a carrera with your reply of…

wow you guys are so sad. I wonder if the bikes that you ride get 5* reviews and and are at the top of rankings in bike mags in their class.

You don’t need a £6000 trek remedy 9.9 to enjoy mountain biking. I hope that you will understand that some day. 🙄

8)

officialtob
    Free Member

Great vid fair play 🙂

Oh and this:

This forum needs more folk like the OP, and fewer folk who know the price of everything and value of nothing.

vorlich
    Free Member

the thing is a lot of people on here making comments about the bike are probably relatively old guys with expensive bikes, bare in mind a young person on an apollo could beat them round a trail.

This annoys me almost as much as the brand snobbery. Sweeping generalisations based on nothing more than your own prejudices.

I know you’re trying to be supportive of the OP, but why the need to create an imaginary ‘us and them’ dynamic?

Signed

Relatively old guy with expensive bike.

PS be excellent to one another

yodagoat
    Free Member

Read through the pish after your post and you’ll see what I mean. But you’ll see its not all bad.

teadrinker
    Free Member

and you didn’t loose anything under the fridge. Nice work.

JoeG
    Free Member

Spoke protector… 🙄

I don’t understand, where are the bits where you take off the bits you’ve put on wrongly, or when you throw the tool at the wall and kick the bike over, and cry as you google frantically?

😆

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Good effort – been meaning to do something like that, but (though I think I could do it faster), my builds usually last for a number of days – or weeks, as the Ti456 build is at the moment…!

Ditto concern about the lack of blood, things that fell on the floor then rolled under the fridge, tools against walls, tools lost, tools put in pockets then hunted high and low for – and finally, how come you didn’t have to go back into the house, get your (white) laptop, go on the Park Tools website, get the grease off your white laptop, get back into the garage and then forget what you read on the web?

Must be just me then.

DrP

NIce vid – a bike’s for riding, and that’s what you’re gonna do!

DrP

(my wife just said “your singletrack people are mean…” hear that you lot – MEAN)

rOcKeTdOg

i’d rather wear marigolds than get stained fingers, the ladies hate that + you can do the washimg up without your skin drying out and cracking win/win

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I wonder how many of the a$$bandits that are slaging off the carrera are sat at their Tesco Value Computer shaped objects that are still running vista. PFT Peasants

passtherizla
    Free Member

lovely that is dude… you’re missing a great cheesy grin and double thumbs up at the end though 😉

kayak23

I really liked it. Music was great.
    For me, it was just the lighting and background that needed crisping up to make it look more polished, but nice video. Good buildage. 🙂

bigrich

Nice one. eeeee, I remember when I used to do that with me saracen tufftrax in the early 90’s; endless summers, beer were a penny a pint, and so on.I chortle most heartily at the snidey middle managers ‘mtb is the new golf’ jobbers on here.

all the best riders earned their spurs on a hardtail bought with paper round money.

D0NK

I don’t understand, where are the bits where you take off the bits you’ve put on wrongly, or when you throw the tool at the wall and kick the bike over, and cry as you google frantically?

pretty much what I was thinking, I was also wondering where the beer and pizza was (but that may have something to do with the absence of the above 😉 )

Nice work, ignore the critical grumps/snobs/idiots

I_Ache
    Free Member

hardtail bought with paper round money.

I genuinely did this.

Like this but in Ice Titanium (silvery grey) and with Yellow Indy SL’s that had a whopping 72mm of travel and big Club Roost risers.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Bigrich +1

I used to cannibalise bikes all the time,22t front cog for a wheelie bike, grifter back wheel nothing more pleasurable than building your own from a box of bits
    even this;

My first erm Freeride bike lol circa 1982

Thats me on the right aged 14 with my cousin who lives in Canada lucky sod

jedimaster
    Free Member

Johnny Panic – Member

Nice! What’s the soundtrack?

it’s Grifta – Levy Dub 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

So how many days did it take to build the bike?

4 hours, with lunch in the middle lol

jedimaster
    Free Member

there was nothing on it that needed changing

well i am currently saving up for some 20mm bolt thru forks to buy of here (dual air pikes are my dream lol) 😉

jedimaster
    Free Member

thanks for all the replies btw, I’m glad that you liked my little project 🙂

Northwind

Do you not have Tora 318s on that? Really good forks them, proper motion control… Not light but then, neither are Pikes 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Time lapse video of me building up my bike :)’ is closed to new replies.