Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Time lapse photography
  • jemima
    Free Member

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know of a basic digital camera with in-built time lapse mode?
    You'd think it would be a standard feature but doesn't seem to be the case…

Thanks!

samuri
    Free Member

Go here
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Select 'yes' for 'timelapse recording', preview the hundreds that are presented.

Burts
    Free Member

Pentax Optio WP30. Allows you to any number of images (1-999) at intervals as short as 10secs. That model is about 2yrs old now, not sure if the current versions still include it?

4 examples that I did are here:
    Kayaking timelapse movies from a WP30

nickjb
    Free Member

I use a pentax optio, too. A W60. Very happy with the results. It has a built in time lapse mode which is ok or you can take a series of stills then stitch them in movie maker which gives better quality. Its a good biking camera too as it is tough and waterproof.

jemima
    Free Member

Thanks. I'll check them out.

stumpy01

My other half has got a Nikon Coolpix S200 that does timelapse so perhaps look at the Nikon range.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Bear in mind that for Time Lapse photography, a cam needs to be switched on for long periods of time, so may need some kind of external power supply. The internal battery may not hold enough charge.

nickjb
    Free Member

I just did a 1 month time lapse, 1 pic/hour with my optio and the battery is down to about half.

konabunny
    Free Member

I know this isn't the question you're asking but you can also get software that'll do it with webcams (or normal cameras as webcams), I believe. Depends what you want to shoot, obviously.

soops
    Free Member

Canon G9 has time lapse video. can be changed between 1 and 2 seconds.

jemima
    Free Member

The nikon range does seem to be good for time lapse.

From the dpreview website I see that the Fuji F200EXR is listed as having time lapse which is a camera I was half planning to buy for biking shots.

However, soops' comment regarding 1 or 2 second intervals on the G9 concerns me as I want maybe between 30s and 2min intervals. Does anybody know if the fuji can do this?

stumpy01

Just checked my other halfs Nikon compact & u can choose 30s, 1m, 5m, 10m, 30m & 60m.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Time lapse photography’ is closed to new replies.