Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Time Atac XC 8 pedals .
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Any reason not too ?

I’m a long term user of the Atac pedals ..really like them ..my left pedal gave up the ghost yesterday when one of the bars which you clip into snapped shortly after starting the ride at Dalbeattie  ..it will be well out of warranty so I won’t be going down that road and I’m more than happy ordering another set ..unless there is something better out there to have recently hit the clipless market  ?

Best price I can find is £95.00ish on CRC..and my budget would be around that sort of price point ..

kerley
    Free Member

I’ve been using some XC6 through all weathers for a bout a year and they have held up fine.  Not sure what differences the XC8’s have though

qwerty
    Free Member

I love mine (two sets on MTB & CX).

Mine have had the bar that runs through the spring come out, I’ve used retaining compound on it & it’s been fine since.

There appears to be some quality control issues these days.

Soft smooth floatastic.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Holy Brexit price inflation, Batman, they were ~£71 at CRC last year! 😮

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I have the Mavic equivalents (same pedals as Time, same difference in price range on axle material and stamped or forged mechanism). On the mtb and tourer / commuter. No long term issues at all. Read comments before purchase about the cleats wearing quickly due to the type of metal used to make them. However I have had no quicker wear issues when compared to Shimano.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I think Time have sacrificed longevity for weight with the new generations of pedals. I still have an original paur of Attacs from back in the day on my old MTB back in the UK still going strong. Still think they are one of the best systems on the market though. Seems like they have changed the design and material for the clears this year. Just picked up a new set so will see if thet last any longer.

poah
    Free Member

Got my mx6 from bike-discount significantly less than the price in the uk

hodgynd
    Free Member

Will have a look ..cheers ..

Significantly more at the moment ..roughly £116.00

flap_jack
    Free Member

The carbon snapped off on mine. On a road ride. On my road bike. Aluminum from now on for me…

hodgynd
    Free Member

After a little more research ..I went for the MX6..at £45.00ish from Merlin Cycles thats 50% off ..and also less than half the best price I could find for the Xc8’s.

Ok so they are white and will look scruffy ..but am I bovvered …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Time Atac XC 8 pedals .’ is closed to new replies.