Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Time ATAC DH pedals
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Not often I get a product and really like it enough to post about it.
    Time ATAC DH pedals are great, Nice platform, easy entry and exit. Much better that others I have tried in the past.
    These

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep good aren’t they 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Been running them for years on my gnarpoon. Can’t imagine using anything else.

GEDA
    Free Member

Do you mean TIME ATAC DH 4 Pedals? Love normal Times but don’t get on with them as they offer no more useful support and less clearance.

ThePinkster

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Been running them for years on my gnarpoon. Can’t imagine using anything else.

Likewise, chuffin’ marvelous pedals.

although i’m pretty sure mine are called Z controls, but they look identical.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You mean the grey ones, Pinky? 😉

Mine look like these;

GEDA
    Free Member

I find those big metal bits just hook up on stuff and don’t offer any more support.

LoCo
    Free Member

Depends on the shoes you use Geda and how worn the cleats are, nice for popping down the shops in trainers too 😉
    Not had issues with catching the pedals either

igm

My z-controls are old enough to be cream/beige.

I think they might be indestructible given what I’ve don to them.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I too love mine on the full suss. Great pedals and take some heavy abuse too. Much friendly on dodgy old knees!

seadog101

The ATAC design is great. Mine are now about a million years old and still work brilliantly.

And they were 2nd hand when I bought them….

Junkyard
    Free Member

You mean the grey ones, Pinky?

IIRC freeride was the name for the black ones as I have a set of each.

GEDA
    Free Member

I have some on my patriot and I have had off few offs on sharp corners, hidden stumps or tight gulleys. One of the plus points of clipless over flats for me is that clipless pedals are stubby, Though I am happy riding both.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The ones above that CFH has shown first are better than the second ones in his post for one simple reason. The bottom ones rely on that pin to tension the spring (you can see it with a flat screwdriver slot on it) whereas the ones above are tensioned by the spring sitting against the main body.

I have both, love them both, but lost one of the pins out of them. merlin replaced them under warranty, then I lost a pin again, by which time chicken cycles are no longer the importer, and extrauk (quite rightly I suppose) didn’t want to do owt, as I had bought them before they took over the product line.

I managed to bodge a wee screw and bolt assembly in there, which is holding up for now, as I can’t bear to throw them away. Awesome pedals, quite chunky and prone to catching on stuff, but brilliant otherwise.

ThePinkster

Mine are black but don’t have he ‘DH’ bit on them.

They do have the pin tensioner though.

Anyway, whatever they are, I find them perfect for my type of riding. Can’t recommend ATACs highly enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Time ATAC DH pedals’ is closed to new replies.