Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tignes riding
  • boxelder

I know there’s a bike park and VTT maps/trails, but there next week with a hard tail – anything I shouldn’t miss?

iffoverload
    Free Member

the enduro trails Wonderboisse and Rocky Trail

also the ride down to Val d’isere and back is nice and the red form the top of the cable car while you are over that side.

chrismac

I agree with iffoverload. They are both great and in good condition 2 weeks ago. The IT ridge from the Toviere lift is a great place to be. Its not the best trail as its steep and not all rideable. But its a awesome ridge to be on.

We also found that the reds were in better condition than the blues. There are alot of braking bumps on the blues round tignes. Its worth going over to Val. The blues and red down are great.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Agree with the chaps above. I think the greens above the hire shop are especially worn out.

Ice tignes is good from a scenery perspective. Riding is ok.

I loved very bike trip down to Val despair. Really gnadgery in places and surfing a sea of scree in others.

Heartily jealous. We’re supposed to be in tignes now but couldn’t due to medical insurance problems. Chalalain gap for me today.

Oh yes. Do Popeye.

Do the enduro that joins wonderboisses from the top lift.

boxelder

Thanks all – looking for more XC than enduro (riding with others), but you got my ‘Dad’s time off’ sorted.

cx_monkey

All the ‘enduro’ trails listed on the Tignes/Val map are a bit more pedally and in general get you ‘out’ into the mountains a touch more. Personal favourites are Very Bike Trail, the ‘new’ Enduro trail from the top of Palafour lift, and the Rocky Trail/Salon de Vache/Forest bump trail combo down to Brev. They are generally much more like ‘real’ mtb, more tech, not groomed – just not bike park basically.

BUT – look across the valley to underneath the Sassiere – there’s a huge amount of trails on that side of the valley too. The catch is you need to pedal up the road to the Sassiere car park, or coordinate vans/cars so you can drive back up later and pick your first shuttle back up. From there traverse the side of the valley in the direction of St. Foy/Bourg – once you get back into the forest there’s a large netwok of trails – you can almost follow your nose and end up descending to Brev, or keep the height and drop down lower in the valley to around Les Pigettes/La Thuile area. You can also then pedal back up the bottom of the valley to Brev and use the free bike shuttle up to Le Lac. To do this you need to get to La Savinaz on the opposite side of the valley to the main road and then pick up the gently climbing trail which takes you to Brev.

Best map for the area is the IGN 3532ET in their Top 25 series – basically an equivalent of the OS Explorer series. Pretty much all trils and tracks are fair game, but there’s no riding in national park areas.

Or – you could get a guide for a day or so – Rab at http://www.startlinemtb.com knows literally every trail in the area, and I’ve also had good days out with Stevie and the guys from http://www.thewhiteroommtb.com

boxelder

CX-monkey – perfect, ta.

boxelder

Managed to fit in most suggestions. Highlights were Wonderboise with my son, Rocky Trail/Salon/Forest Bump and the ride down from Sassiere (and the ride up to start it, as no shuttle option). Cheers all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tignes riding’ is closed to new replies.