Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tights. Full length or 3/4?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

As I’ve got older I feel the need for something a bit warmer on the legs under my shorts. Just the normal inner isn’t cutting it anymore. I’m sure someone will come along and tell me to mtfu and to that I say no. So not sure if I should go with go with full length or 3/4, any recommendations?

gonzy
    Free Member

as its getting quite chilly in the mornings i’ve ended up wearing full length ones over my cycling shorts. the one’s i’ve got are non-padded hence the need to wear something underneath. i finish off with my baggies over the tights.
    sure, someone will probably say MTFU but each to their own and all that…tbh i dont care if i look like a dick, at least i’m nice and warm!
    i say go for the full length versions.

higgo
    Free Member

The biggest advantage of full length to me is that it keeps the mud etc off all of my legs.

After a winter ride the only bit of me that’s actually dirty (rather than sweaty) is the bottom half of my face. If I wear my 3/4s there’s a 6 inch ring of mud on my legs too.

My 3/4s are made of thicker/warmer material than my full length ones so not much in it warmth-wise.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GrahamS

I’m currently wearing dhb Vaeon Roubaix Padded 3/4 Bib tights under 3/4 baggies for the chilly morning commute.

Good price (£42), warm and comfy. (Go one size up from the size chart though)

I don’t like wearing full length tight as that bottom 1/4 is the bit that gets covered in mud and soggy from puddles.

Skin wipes clean, tights don’t.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Wear ’em long and wear ’em proud…

wtf is it with this slavish adherence to fashion? Flappy wet baggies and bare legs – no thank you. Actually, I don’t get 3/4 length baggies either they just look ridiculous.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

endura 3/4 bib’s here and they are the slightly fleecy ones and come with pad, just toastie for a commute or spring/autumn ride BUT for a longer ride full lengths in this cold would be my choice.

MrGreedy

For off-road, I tend towards 3/4 with baggies over the top; for road I prefer full length due to the extra windchill (no baggies obv).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tights. Full length or 3/4?’ is closed to new replies.