Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Tight stretchy cold weather top for road cycling?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the problem with layers that do the job of more than one layer – you can’t then remove one.

In theory, you have a wicking layer, then some layers of insulation, then a shell – wind or waterproof, if required. If you get hot you can remove the layers as appropriate but only if they are separate garments.

mrblobby
    Free Member

How often do you do that though on a typical road ride. Maybe if I was doing some long cycle tour, but for most rides of a couple of hours or so I’d never bother (other than maybe taking off arm warmers) but then I hate stopping on a ride.

That’s the great thing about the Gabba. Seems to cope with a decent variety of spring/autumn conditions without getting too hot or cold, and can cope with a bit of a shower without getting too wet and cold. Means you can get away without taking layers to put on and take off as conditions change. Remember a ride earlier this spring where it started out relatively warm and sunny, then halfway through the ride the wind picked up, got chilly and started to tip it down, a bit of hail too, then brightened up and got warm again. My Gabba with a thin base and some Sportful NoRain bibs kept me comfortable all ride.

Anyway, in answer to your question, probably a Gabba 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

How often do you do that though on a typical road ride.

Frequently. If not removing an item, then unzipping something to let air in. Changing weather, altitude, going from morning through midday etc.

Perhaps that’s why our requirements and taste in technical gear are different.. and why CTM’s suggestion that he’s found the single best jacket and everyone else should use it perhaps isn’t quite right.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Tight stretchy cold weather top for road cycling?’ is closed to new replies.