Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tight clearance between front mech and rear tyre
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

So it seems that when in the big ring on my road bike, the Shimano 105 front derailleur pinch bolt arm section only clears the rear tyre by about 2mm. Or even less if its not perfectly set up.

Thats with 25mm tyres.

Does anyone else have this problem? Could I used a 10spd mech with a shorter arm? Some websites say the lever pull has changed but is that not just for the rear mech (11spd vs 10spd?)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Are the front 11spd 105 mechs the same size and shape as the 11spd tiagra, ultegra, dura ace etc? One of them might fit better.

itstig

I have the same situation on my arkose except I’m running 40c and was wondering if anyone was running 45 or 50c tyres. From looking at 11 speed front mechs shimano all have the long arm.

sillyoldman

Pics please? You can’t run a 10 spd short arm front mech with 11 spd shifters.

itstig

From the blurb on sjs’s description – “Long pull arm for light action spring reduces effort required to actuate shifts” so maybe a 10 speed mech will work but be a stiffer action.

sillyoldman

No – wrong actuation ratio.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tight clearance between front mech and rear tyre’ is closed to new replies.