Tiger bread – Secret ingredient = Crack cocaine

Home Forum Chat Forum Tiger bread – Secret ingredient = Crack cocaine

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Tiger bread – Secret ingredient = Crack cocaine
  • Well, it has to be, surely? Why else is such mediocre bread so utterly addictive?
    It's laced with crack. Has to be.

julianwilson

MSG and/or saturated fat perhaps. (mmmmmmm, wanders off in search of the last of the christmas pringles…)

deadlydarcy

Ah, the best bread in the world – I was thinking, a caramelised crust of crack cocaine just like you say – but a good lacing of the finest grade Afghan heroin throughout.

coffeeking

Lovely stuff isn't it. I can eat it on its own when I'm not even hungry, with a bit of butter it's even better.

jahwomble

I've been living on it for a number of years now, suspect it may be the crust, it's especially good lathered brittany butter with potato salad.

alanlbikes

have tried garlic tiger bread,Morrisons The Best range,takes it to another level!!!

garlic tiger bread

Illegal in most countries, that's the hard stuff.

allthepies

+1

Had to force myself not to buy some at lunchtime.

it's egg init?

Rice water.

Premier Icon sparkerfix
    Subscriber

It's Marmite,or something like i think!

MrNutt

a warm hollowed out loaf makes a wonderful snow hat.

elliptic

According to here it's also known as Dutch Crunch which is definitely something illegal 😯

KT1973

Lovely jubbly. Morrison farmhouse loafs are good too. You end up with your entire coupon covered in floor after scoffing a sarnie made from that stuff. Roast ham & piccalily 😛

Premier Icon LimboJimbo
    Subscriber

Just popped out to my local dealer (William Morrison) for a fix. Winter bean stew tonight. I've got Brittany butter and everything!

tony_m

Just finished my first ever loaf of Tiger bread and can't say it really did anything for me, but I did feel a strange compulsion to buy another when I went to the shops this afto… 😕

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Whatever's in Tiger bread, it's the same thing they put in Pringles.

"Once you pop, you can't stop?" Yep, that's because we've coated them with coke…

ricew water and sesame oil iirc.

bloody fabulous stuff.

Premier Icon curtisthecat
    Subscriber

psssstt….. anyone wanna buy some tiger bread, cheap?

Had my fix with a smoked haddock chowder.

hilldodger

Don't know about other recipes but Asda use marmalade for the stripes !!

Premier Icon PeteG55
    Subscriber

2 very thick buttered slices for breaky this morning. Sooo good.

dave_rudabar

It's got an outer brushing of sesame oil, as far as I know.

Premier Icon solarider
    Subscriber

So glad I can come out of the Tiger Bread closet. I thought it was just me!

But where has this new street legal high come from? It seemed to have appeared out of nowhere in the last few years, or am I wrong and have I been missing it all these years. Was it a late night experiment gone wrong?

Either way, the Tiger's here to stay!

Premier Icon momo
    Subscriber

Have you tried the salt and pepper loaf though, it's even better then tiger bread!

If you time it right you can get a loaf still warm fresh from the oven, with a big knob of butter lurvely!

Premier Icon solarider
    Subscriber

Aha! So it is new, and has Dutch origins. I think that the OP got it right.

"Tiger bread originates from the Netherlands, where it is known as tijgerbrood and has been sold at least since the early 1990s. It was introduced in the United Kingdom around 2005 as "tiger bread". In The Republic of Ireland it is referred to as "Tiger Loaf"." (source Wikipedia)

Anyone know why Sainsbury's tiger bread tastes of chlorine / bleach?

CaptJon

I'm pretty sure it is coke too. I saw some really cheap tiger bread in Asda the other day. It was in two halves, but that couldn't explain the low price. I wonder what they cut it with.

tron

Sesame oil like everyone else has said. It's also the flavour that's missing from home made egg fried rice.

Premier Icon speaker2animals
    Subscriber

Maybe the mag should do a group test as it appears that each supermarket has it's own method/ingredient to make the Tiger. It's my fave baton/stick now as it's not too crisp/crunchy so my old teeth and jaws can handle it!

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Always flip them over & check the bottoms for where the oil has run to during baking. Mmmmm.

bigbloke

The best is Asda's Tiger Rolls……i can't wait till my packed lunch everyday for em….mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

deadlydarcy

There was a bug seizure of tiger bread off the south west coast of Ireland! Watch the street price shoot up!

CountZero

Ahh, now I can come out of the closet and admit to my craving and habit of the last few years. I am not alone! Tried a Sainsbury's one this week; fantastically crusty, but it didn't taste or smell the same as the Asda one I usually have, which I think is the best. Morrison's isn't too bad. Fresh, thick sliced, with butter on and a nice bowl of farmhouse vegetable soup… Yummy.

Premier Icon el_boufador
    Subscriber

lol @ capt jon 😆

Mof

I thought it was just me… another vote for Morrisons Tiger Bread. Their Hedgehog is a must-try too. Brilliant with Steak n Chips.

KT1973

Apparantly there a dodgy batch doing the rounds just now which has been cut with hovis. Police are searching for a rogue baker with a grudge against Asda

The Doog

+1 for tiger bread addiction Asdas is the best i've had, though it's only a matter of time before the EU demand it renaming due to not actually containing any tiger…………………..

deadlydarcy

lol @ capt jon 😆

+1 indeed

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Tiger bread – Secret ingredient = Crack cocaine’ is closed to new replies.