Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tifosi Vogel sunglasses- as reviewed in issue 74. Where to buy?
  • Northwind

Just flicking through Issue 74 and fancied a pair of these extreme contrast Tifosi Vogels… But can’t find them anywhere in the UK, even the zyro.co.uk link from the mag doesn’t seem to have them- just the Smoke lens. Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can try to speak to Zyro once back to work on Wednesday, I’ll prob forget tho, unless you remind me.

Nick

Does it have to be from the UK? I got some Dolomites from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tifosi-Vogel-Matte-Black-Fototec-Light-Adjusting-/260768526915?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3cb703f243

The price is great and they came quickly, what’s not to like?

Northwind

Cheers Nick, I’ll give them a whirl! Much appreciated

Northwind

Oops- turns out that link is for the darker red ones, I didn’t read it properly! My fault, just reposting in case anyone else comes across it and makes the same mistake.

charliedontsurf

Just checked the trade site, I can get you the smoke or clear ones at £45 inc uk delivery. Just email me and I will get some in. Look nice. So will get some for myself too.

Email me

LeeW

I got a pair for the SO from Lesiure Lakes earlier in the year.

Edit: too late.

FOG

Did you get caned for tax, Nick, on sunnies from the USA? It does seem random. I and a mate ordered the same stuff from a US website at the same time and I had to pay import tax and he didn’t. Similarly I used to get a lot of stuff from Ground effect in NZ but don’t bother anymore as they have to charge you UK tax which with postage makes it more expensive than UK stuff

Northwind

The ones on Amazon are different lenses- STW reviewed the EC Fototec lens which is a light-reactive that goes close to clear. Likewise Charlie I think you’re looking at different models. The EC ones seem to be hard to find over here- but will drop you an email

Well, in the end I lost the red ones about 2 weeks after buying them 😳 They were quite good but a bit Bono-ish, and even at their lightest were still pretty dark so not ideal for pushbike use I reckon.

Nick

No I didn’t get stung for duty/VAT

molgrips
    Free Member

Mrs Grips has some Tifosi from the USA with photochromic lenses and I must say they are fantastic. Much greater range than my Oakleys and they also work in the car! Although they do not go as dark as outside, they still go dark. They are practically clear at their lightest too.

Also http://www.rei.com sell them, and they ship overseas. They also cater for overseas addresses in their (fantastic) membership scheme too, which is remarkable for a US company!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tifosi Vogel sunglasses- as reviewed in issue 74. Where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.