Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tifosi bikes???
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    Another bike brand in the so far exhausting Search for a gravel bike…. the tifosi cavazzo disk grx has come on the radar… I know very little about the brand, but the spec and price are very tempting… what do people think? LINK!

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Check out hambini on YouTube for an engineer’s view of Tifosi bikes. Fair to say he’s not impressed by their quality of manufacturing.

MoreCashThanDash

No personal experience, but you see a few Tifosi road bikes on audax events, which suggests value, comfort and reliability to me, given audax riders

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alanl
    Free Member

Another make to look at is Coyote.
    My GF bought a ‘Gravel Pro’ from them earlier this year. A bargain at the £300 she paid, it was last years model in XS. I paid £650 for my similar spec PX Full Monty.

daftvader
    Free Member

@whereisthurso he wasn’t very impressed was he! 😂

daftvader
    Free Member

@alanl my budget is a bit more than that….

dovebiker

Tifosi are Chicken’s / BikeKit’s in-house brand – they’re just buying catalog frames from the Far East and effectively applying their own design paint & stickers. Fine if you just accept them for what they are – comparable to the likes of P-X/O-O.

daftvader
    Free Member

@dovebiker yeah, a bit more delving has brought that up… Chinese (probably) carbon with a British stamp….

forked
    Free Member

It doesn’t look very good value for money. Two thousand pounds and it’s fitted with bargain bin parts.

forked
    Free Member

Full Shimano 105 for £325 less. https://www.dolan-bikes.com//gravel/bikes/carbon/dolan-gxc.html

the frame looks similar at a glance.

daftvader
    Free Member

@forked not a bad shout

smudgey
    Free Member

I’d get one of the Ribbles, they start about a grand for the CGR.

johnnystorm

Unless they have changed the frame the Cavazzo is exactly the same frameset as the Planet X Holdsworth Mystique.

(Edit: followed the link and they have changed it!)

daftvader
    Free Member

Tbh after doing some digging they’re off the radar now….

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

The tifosi cavazzo disk, Looks very much identical to the PX Holdsworth Mystique frame ! .. lumps , bumps and all the other details

daftvader
    Free Member

Looks more like the space chicken….

willstaffs
    Free Member

I am holding on for the Cannondale Topstone 105 at £1500. Could be worth considering?

daftvader
    Free Member

@willstaffs I am getting hold of a demo on the carbon Topstone, my only concern is my 16.5st against those tiiiiiny stays!

johnnystorm

daftvader

Looks more like the space chicken….

The 1st Cavazzo frame only fitted 35c, the second literally was the same as the Holdsworth Mystique and I guess this new one is probably shared with something else.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tifosi bikes???’ is closed to new replies.