Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tidworth or Okeford?
  • ready

I have a long weekend coming up on the South coast with Mrs Ready and would like a day of riding – either at Tidworth or Okeford.
    Both are within an hour from the hotel. Okeford would be uplift, but Tidworth is part of the B1KE group and I have thoroughly enjoyed Windhill and Rogate.
    Which would you choose for maximum funtimes?

weeksy

@jimmy748 is a bit of an Okeford expert.

jimmy748

Okeford is a good step up from Tidworth, but it’s 420ft to play with top to bottom.

1 jump line at the top, a blue flow line top to bottom, 1 red and 3 black trails.

I have most the trails there on my YouTube, or on the okeford website.

http://www.okefordhillbikepark.co.uk/

New version of Devils Dyke

Original version, (still available, splits about 1/3 of the way down)

TheBrick
    Free Member

I really want to do okeford but there opening times are too restrictive for me

jimmy748

@thebrick they are now open Wednesday evenings also, what days/times would you want to ride there?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Oooh that’s interesting thanks! Might be able to swing that one week.

My riding varies but if it’s a weekend it’s earlish, so 08:00- 09:00 start and the odd weekday off. 10:00 start on a Saturday just ends up meaning it’s not a morning session Which for something so close is inefficient for me.

desperatebicycle

The only time I went to Okeford it was a really wet day. It was scary! I wasn’t as fast as Jimmy 😀

daveylad
    Free Member

Uplift wins each time but be aware that okeford is really steep and tech. A big step up over tidworth.

weeksy

What’s the price on the Uplift there ?

desperatebicycle
    jimmy748

It takes me about 12-15 minutes to pedal up, the uplift is about 6-7 minutes but by the time you have waited to load up and then the final little push/pedal to the start ramp, there’s really not much in it.

jimmy748

The only time I went to Okeford it was a really wet day. It was scary!

Ive ridden it wet, dry and even when Chalky corner was covered in ice, it’s only really bad when it’s been dry and then rains as the chalk dust turns into a slippery mess.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Interest Jimmy thanks. Really that hole Shaftesbury Blandford area has such potential I am surprised there are not more local pockets of unofficial trails about. I’ve had a hunt in various bits and come up dry.

ready

Thanks for that @jimmy748, I will have a look through Youtube later tonight!

stevextc
    Free Member

Assuming you like steep tech and nice drops no comparison for a quick visit unless you have an eBike.
    You’ll just get way more of the fun part at Okeford on the uplift.

A full day is enough for me.. without pushing or pedalling up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.