Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tide to Tide roll call.
  • Mrs MTG and myself are in the mixed old gits category (80+), although if there was a 100+ category, we’d qualify for that. 8)
    It’s her first ever race, so if you see a Vegan Cyclists or Vegan Runners jersey, say hello.
    I’m the one with the titanium frame, she’s the one with the titanium legs.

flashes
    Free Member

Me and Crazy Alan are representing UK Fat Bike, both on er Fatbikes..
    It was good earlier in the year. But only just noticed the race times and had to dig out lights…….I’m a Cheesy Rider on a Purple SS Pugsley…

placid_casual
    Free Member

BillOddie and I will be there and I’ll be hoping that not everyone is riding with ludicrous lights and will actually realise that night has fallen.
    I’ll be riding this*:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pdgjsn]Stooge Cycles[/url] by placid casual, on Flickr

*that WAS a tenuous reason to post another Stooge picture…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Well, that didn’t go quite to plan…
    We agreed that as I’m the faster, fitter rider, I’d do two laps and Mary would do one. Repeat for 6 hours.
    However, Mary had had enough after two laps, so my third time out turned in to 6 laps non stop. “You’ve done lots of solo races, you’ll be alright”. 😕
    So, 12 laps in all, which considering ours was probably the only team or pair with a grandmother in it, I’m happy enough with.

http://www.strava.com/activities/203647384

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Good effort Graham’s- although I do ride like a grandmother if that counts!

Was a very nice course and good to meet you Mr casual

Back of the pack racing are claiming 1st in the non existent ss team category ( as I think we were the only ss team!)

tazzymtb

Bollocks to any claims of glory, we drank the most booze from start to finish and had fun 😀

chum3
    Free Member

A little ‘big-up’ for this event from me – had a great time. Thought the setting and the course were great, as was the relaxed atmosphere, the live music, and the cafe and bar. The only main lowlight being the 25kph headwind on the beach! Will definitely look to do it again…

crispycross
    Free Member

That was bloody brilliant. After Battle on the Beach, I was expecting something good and I wasn’t disappointed. Quirky, well-run, entertaining events like this deserve to succeed so a big ‘well done’ to Matt Page and his team and here’s hoping for more of the same next year.

flashes
    Free Member

It was good, now where’s the photos???????????????

flashes
    Free Member

We also would have qualified for the 100+ catagory…..

njee20
    Free Member

Anthony Pease is the usual photographer Matt uses, check his site.

flashes
    Free Member

I have, can’t see them. I want pictures of me looking heroic, or failing that, the right way up..

BillOddie

Was a great event! Can’t wait to see photos!

I was the lucky bugger who won the Surly Krampus frame! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tide to Tide roll call.’ is closed to new replies.