• This topic has 30 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Tickets to a concert
  • aleigh
    Free Member

Hi all!

I attempted to get concerts tickets for my daughter and I for group called BTS but failed – I know what you’re think haha!. Of course there are tickets on the resale sites going at silly prices – eg a £160 ticket is over £900.  That in itself is another story I know…anyway, does anyone have any contacts that could get me access to the concert?! I’m happy to wait for the scalper prices to come down but ideally want to pay face value! TIA!

DezB
    Free Member

Is £160 the face value?? if so, that’s shocking and should be boycotted!

Sorry, doesn’t help, I know 😬

DezB
    Free Member

I wish I hadn’t looked that up on youtube 😱

aleigh
    Free Member

Well yeah I know Dez but each to their own and all that!

£160 isn’t bad considering what other artists charge!

perchypanther
    Free Member

DezB does K-Pop.

I’d watch that on YouTube.

aleigh
    Free Member

Me too haha!

DezB
    Free Member

😂

£160 per ticket IS bad!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Other artists? I paid 40 ish quid to go see kasabian. The same for biffy clyro and frank turner, artists who are at the too of their game. 160 quid is a total piss Take!!!!

sillysilly
    Free Member

Turn up on the night, wait till 5 mins after it starts and buy from an old school tout on the door that hasn’t managed to get rid of all his tickets.

zilog6128

no, you are wrong. That is insane. HTH

aleigh
    Free Member

I would do but I’m in Swindon and it’s a long way to go to do that.

Yes I am aware the price is high – normal bands and singers charge normal prices. Some don’t but there’s nothing I can do

vinnyeh

Keep an eye on twickets,   (only sells tickets at around face value), you might get lucky.

aleigh
    Free Member

Hi – yes Twickets are great. I’ve used them before for Ed Sheeran last year.

fatoldgit

Not much help for this tour but I would suggest signing up to the mailing list so you get a shout at pre sales for future tours.

Im assuming they have such a thing, of course, if not then not much you can do.

and a + 1 for twickets, although it only seems to work if the artists insist that is the only resale route allowed

aleigh
    Free Member

Thank you. The o2 were going to do a presale but it was cancelled the night before.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No matter how you want to kid yourself, it’s blinking ridiculous. don’t pay it! 😆

aleigh
    Free Member

I think when you like something you get it, a bit like a bike haha!

doris5000

True. The Rolling Stones last night in Cardiff were nearly £90 a ticket, and they’re really old!!

😉

doris5000

I have just paid £55 for a Bjork ticket though, which is more than double what I’ve ever paid for a gig in the past. It hurts.

aleigh
    Free Member

@doris haha! They are but they can get away with it. It’s a shame some people feel the need to charge a lot and touts make it worse

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I’ve been to festivals for less than that 😮

CountZero

Are you out of your tiny little mind? 😳 £75 is expensive, Bands like the Stones charge something like £140, I baulked at paying £100 for front stalls seats for King Crimson at the Palladium, although I did pay £145 for a ticket to see Kate Bush, because that will likely never be repeated, and it was an extraordinary experience, an entire theatrical performance rather than a concert. Average gig tickets are between £20 and £50, Elbow charged £33 for their last O2 show in London, fourth time I’ve seen them there, and their tickets are always the same price. Tickets to see Belly in Bristol this week were £22. Last time Tom Waites played the U.K., tickets were £75, about ten years ago, and I hesitated about the price, by which time they’d sold out. Bugger! He who snoozes, loses, but I’m reluctant to pay more than that for anyone, with very, very few exceptions.

aleigh
    Free Member

Yes I am! Like I said, when you like something you pay – well I do! They’ve never been to the uk and it’s unlikely they’ll be back anytime soon. It was it is unfortunately.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aleigh

I think when you like something you get it, a bit like a bike haha!

I think you are deluding yourself and also contributing to the ticket pricing problem.

They can only charge that cause fools are willing to buy it! It’s kinda how capitalism works! 😆

Personally, I doubt mind touts, it’s the fools that buy them that annoy me!

doris5000

Last time Tom Waites played the U.K., tickets were £75, about ten years ago, and I hesitated about the price, by which time they’d sold out. Bugger! He who snoozes, loses

actually i was tempted to see D’Angelo this weekend but didn’t fancy paying £40-odd.

Then he cancelled the tour!  Ha! In your face, ticketmaster!!!!!1111

convert

They’ve never been to the uk and it’s unlikely they’ll be back anytime soon.

I googled. Are we seeing them never returning as a bad thing?

They are a boy band so I’m assuming most fans will be teenage girls. How many teenagers will be buying £160 tickets using their own money. Surely it’s mainly mums and dads shelling out to keep the peace.

aleigh
    Free Member

You’re right, anything for peace and quiet! I think several fans are in their 20’s so will get their own.

I’ll just sit it out and hope for the best, I am not foolish enough to buy from a tout but yes, I’m a fool for wanting to pay the face value but like I said, it is what it is

midlifecrashes

My son got his tickets in the rush on 1st June, we had four computers lined up across ours and the two next door neighbours’ wifi, with two mobiles on 4G as well, even then we seemed well down the choice of tickets, most of the better blocks were long gone by the time we got on. His were the cheapest at £66.50 plus stupid fees.

Utterly ridiculous, but the band are huge and have a very limited shelf life, apparently they are getting to the age where they can’t delay their compulsory military service in S. Korea and when that kicks in, the band will be done. (Just checked, some or all will be in service from 2022-2029 if they all delay until last minute.)

I think my first gigs were around £1.50-£3. Rock Garden, Teesside Poly, Town Hall Crypt. Jumpers for Goalposts, isn’t it, wasn’t it?

DezB
    Free Member

but the band are huge and have a very limited shelf life, apparently they are getting to the age where they can’t delay their compulsory military service

There’ll be another appalling novelty act along any minute. Go see them instead.

aleigh
    Free Member

They’ve been around a while already and I think the military thing is built in, everyone knew it was coming. Glad your son got tickets though, I had 4 devices on and got nothing.

Thanks Dez for your thoughts, I will bear that in mind haha!

DezB
    Free Member

Pleasure as always 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Tickets to a concert’ is closed to new replies.