Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tick bites – there may be more issues than just Lyme Disease
  • CountZero

I’ve just read this article about an American who was suffering a whole range of health issues, and it turned out he’d been bitten by a tick but was asymptomatic. It seems that there’s more than one disease that can be caught from a tick.
    Unfortunately, for this gentleman and his family, one of them has led to a neuro-degenerative condition, with fatal results.
    It may be that it’s not such a concern over here, but with increasing numbers of tick bites being recorded, it might be worth bearing these other issues in mind.

https://www.yourtango.com/health-wellness/my-husband-irritable-moody-surprising-cause-required-more-than-therapy

johnners
    Free Member

That’s all very alarming but the credibility of the message is undermined a bit by its appearance on a website which also carries reports on burning issues like

“There Are 8 Types Of Nipples In The World — Which Kind Do You Have?” and

“Why Your Vagina Smells Like Onions — And What To Do About It”.

damascus
    Free Member

@johnners 🤣👍

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Greybeard
    Free Member

I was planning to go to Finland in 2020, and started a course of 3 vaccinations against Tick Borne Encephalitis. If you get infected, there’s no treatment, and in Scandinavia the risk of infection is similar to Lyme. I only had the first jab, as the clinic closed in lockdown and the trip was cancelled, but I’ll finish the course before I go, whenever that might be.

footflaps

Store your onions somewhere else?

johnnystorm

I don’t for a moment want a tick bite, Lyme disease etc. but as articles go that was light on stats, sources and supporting evidence. The final section mentions schizophrenia and puts in a link that looks like it will lead to a source but instead just leads to an explanation of schizophrenia.

TiRed

Hypersensitivity to tick saliva can have profound future consequences. The story of how this was found, and the role of cetuximab, an anti-cancer antibody, is fascinating.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-tick-bite-can-make-you-allergic-red-meat-2018-8?amp

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Potentially, the ticks on deer could spread covid too.

I’d gladly support thinning the uk’s deer population. Nothing but a fast-moving vector for infection.

Spin
    Free Member

Potentially, the ticks on deer could spread covid too.

There’s no evidence of that as yet.

maccruiskeen

“There Are 8 Types Of Nipples In The World — Which Kind Do You Have?”

I only need type 7 to complete the set but I’ve got swaps of types 2 and 8 if anyone wants to trade.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Store your onions somewhere else?

Posted 17 hours ago

Makes them easier to peel.

jimmy

I have a vagina?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I seen a post on facebook by a fairly famous footballer (in Scotland anyway) about how his dog had developed pneumonia brought on by anxiety caused by fireworks at GFN recently*. That’s the kind of tripe that would fit in with that publication.

*Needless to say the doggy lovers were all lapping it up.

labsey
    Free Member

I only need type 7 to complete the set but I’ve got swaps of types 2 and 8 if anyone wants to trade.

Just need the shiny ones then I’ve finished the page.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tick bites – there may be more issues than just Lyme Disease’ is closed to new replies.