Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Ti456- Why are people selling them? Whats ‘wrong’?
  • mundiesmiester
    Free Member

I really really wish I did not have to sell mine but as I am about to join Broon’s army of Doleite’s very soon I have no choice. Prince Albert here I come

vdubber67
    Free Member

cyclelife. Nail, head.

What a load of utter boll@x.

I have a steel 456, which IMO is great bike, but FFS stop using these throwaway, nonsensical, marketing-driven superlatives to describe a bicycle.

funkynick

cyclelife/vdubber… so does that mean that neither of you think there is any difference in the ride characteristics of different HT frames then?

If on the off chance you do think there are differences, how then would you go about describing those differences in ride without using ‘nonsensical, marketing-driven superlatives’?

ChrisS
    Free Member

What made me smile was when TLR described how brilliant Brant was to have designed the bent top tube of the ti 456 to act like a leaf spring, then Brant arrived (possibly on another thread) and described how the bend was to allow maximum standover clearance without leaving much seat tube extension above the top tube (to avoid stress on the ti st).

Well it made me smile anyway.

Enthusiasm about bikes, especially ones own is great, just don’t misinterpret it as objective, scientific analysis.

bigrich

how about ‘It’s not bad, that’, ‘goes well on the swoopy stuff’ and ‘synergises a paradigm shift in my blue-sky riding’

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What made me smile was when TLR described how brilliant Brant was to have designed the bent top tube of the ti 456 to act like a leaf spring

He was taking the piss with that comment wasnt he?

vdubber67
    Free Member

fair point funkynick, and I was probably being overly harsh. I just think some people too easily repeat what the marketing says.

brant
    Free Member

I just think some people too easily repeat what the marketing says.

What marketing was that?

hora
    Free Member

I would follow any marketing led/spoken by Swiss Tony..

# Washing a car – Washing a car, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You’ve got to caress the bodywork. Breathe softly and gently. And give every inch of it your loving attention. And make sure you’ve got a nice wet sponge.
    # Laying a carpet – Laying a carpet is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You check the dimensions, lay her out on the floor, pin her down, walk all over her. If you’re adventurous, like me, you might like to try an underlay.

nonk
    Free Member

is it not just fugly though?
    eye of beholder an all that but come on man its got a bendy top tube 😕
    anyways what the lecht says is not bollox loads of numb riders on here i reckon.

richc
    Free Member

and again in english?

nonk
    Free Member

if you are unable to work that out perhaps you should work on yours 🙄

ChrisS
    Free Member

anyways what the lecht says is not bollox loads of numb riders on here i reckon

Sorry you lost me there too…. numb riders?

BigDummy
    Free Member

What a great thread. I wish I had a ti 456.

ChrisS
    Free Member

I wish I had some carpet to lay.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I wish I could be arsed to wash my car.

Anyway, what’s this about the Scandal not being made of Scandium?

vdubber67
    Free Member

brant – sorry I wasn’t being specific about Ti 456s…just a general observation re bikes and marketing.

Olly
    Free Member

Now just needs wheels and brakes.

and bars, and saddle, and drivechain and……
    are you sure you know what your doing building a bike? 😉

Rex
    Free Member

Great thread.
    In my opinion it is a bike to enthuse about, and I’d agree with TLR, having previously owned a hummer, and also having owned a few ali hardtails in the past.

So, using language that will hopefully be acceptable to people who find it easy to shoot down opinions and experience as marketing bullshit , here’s a review:

the ti456 is flipping great. i love it and i’m not sellng it.

enfht
    Free Member

Why is the top tube slightly curved on the 456? What’s the benefit?

the_lecht_rocks

it acts as a leaf spring. 😆

vinnyeh

well **** me. Hora asks a dicky question, uses an inflammatorily framed title and gets 60+ replies. Hell, I’m sure he moonlights as a Daily Mail headline writer.

the_lecht_rocks

hora’s the 456 marketing genius.
    i simply use engineering superlatives for descriptive administration 😯

markenduro
    Free Member

Another one definately not for sale here. I like the way it rides and prefer it to my old enduro. Have to agree to them looking a bit fugly but you don’t see the bent top tube when riding them. It replaced an aging well abused steel 456 and is somehow even more forgiving of my clumsy riding style.
    I think most of the marketing was done F.O.C by the reviews in the mags, that must have saved on-one a fortune.

mingsta
    Free Member

IMO Brant’s a legend for bringing a US made Lynskey frame to the masses for a grand. If the STW masses choose to hype it up as the next big thing, then rip it apart 12 months later then so be it. I’m pretty sure I’ll still be riding mine and loving it in 5 years time when everyone’s moved on to the next big thing. I’ve still got my Seven road bike and 4 years later haven’t been tempted by all the sexy CF stuff out there…if its good, its good!!! 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Ti456- Why are people selling them? Whats ‘wrong’?’ is closed to new replies.