Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (Ti)456 steerer spacer heights
  • vinnyeh

Up til now I’ve been running a set of Revs usually at between 100 and 115mm travel with a single 10mm spacer below a Thompson 70mm stem on my Ti456. The steerings been very nippy with that, borderline too quick, but it’s been a lot of fun, however the fork was a bit too flexy with the travel set any longer.

I’m now changing the fork over to qr15 with some Float 140’s and want some guidance as to what height of spacers to go for as a starting point before I start hacking too much off the steerer- and the reasoning- I’m having problems coming to grips with the effects of different stack heights.

wwaswas

go long – you can put spacers above the stem as well as under it and play about until you’re happy.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Buy a pack of 5mm spacers and have a play around over a few rides before the final cut. I suspect you will end up with a low position and if you do you might want to leave a couple of spacers on top to keep it long for resale options.

the_lecht_rocks

i have 20mm below, 20mm above on my 140mm Van 32 RLC’s allowing SO much adjustability. may look daft, but works a treat and remember it’s the increased A2C that slackens the geometry, not the stack height !!!!

vinnyeh

I know it’s the a2c and sag that realistically set the geometry, but still can’t figure out what chainging the stack height alters, aside from my riding stance.

the_lecht_rocks

vinneyh – that’s all it changes and may provide more leverage the higher you go.
    on the ti456 you need to go high as the HT is so short @ 105mm !!!!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

vinneyh – that’s all it changes and may provide more leverage the higher you go.
    on the ti456 you need to go high as the HT is so short @ 105mm !!!!!

I thought they whole point of the short headtube is so you can run your bars lower, porviding more direct steering or something like that? If you run em high then you lose the benefit dont you?

Saying that, I dont like my bars low on my Alpine, if you run em higher it does feel like you can bunnyhop/manual and jump easier

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(Ti)456 steerer spacer heights’ is closed to new replies.