Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Ti Truss Fork XACD
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone any experience of them??

Clink

Oooooooh….

RustyNissanPrairie

I’ll have 600 of them please;
    http://xacd.en.alibaba.com/product/434601781-221658446/HOT_Ti_truss_fork.html

1,Ti truss fork with different specs and length for MTB bikes
    2,HOT!
    3.high stong

Hugh’s Pez Gordo Space Frame Fat Bike with Truss Forks by XACD

bonesetter
    Free Member

Little bird’s told me they are well made and nicely finished

dovebiker

I’ve bought 5 frames from XACD over the years – quality is OK but they’re a PITA to deal with, particularly as any minor mod is $50+ regardless of whether it costs more. Finishing details are a bit more agricultural than some of the other Chinese fabricators but the frames themselves are pretty solid. I did ask Waltly to make me a fat bike truss fork but they declined.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’m going to go with it. At the end of the day, they’ve made a few of them!

I think that’s a good thing to go on

Babyjack
    Free Member

What are you planning on fitting them to Bonesetter?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Stooge 🙂

Babyjack
    Free Member

I was thinking of doing the same thing to my stooge.
    After pricing up a steel spaceframe and headset AND new front hub, then realising I could shove a truss on the front of the stooge for cheaper.

dovebiker

Keep us posted – I still fancy one as the unicrown ti one I’ve got is quite flexy

Retrodirect
    Free Member

They’re using really big looking tubes in them. Any way you could get some wee skinny tubes like the jones wans?

Babyjack
    Free Member

Is it possible to buy a jones truss without a frame attached?
    What about it fitting the head tube length? Quite long on the stooge

bonesetter
    Free Member

Jones truss fork costs £1100

XACD one is a couple or three hundred and can be spec’d to anything you want

Babyjack
    Free Member

Wow! Xacd it is then!

toofarwest

Retrodirect – Member

They’re using really big looking tubes in them. Any way you could get some wee skinny tubes like the jones wans?

How else would they get the stong that high? 😆

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Any equivalently respected chinese (or uk) places that work in steel for not too many pennies? 4130 Steel truss would be nice.

High stong!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Who produces a steel truss?

Gotama
    Free Member

Field cycles made a truss fork for his own personal bike I believe. Can’t imagine it’ll be cheap though!

bonesetter
    Free Member

More than XACD?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

XACD one is a couple or three hundred and can be spec’d to anything you want

Out of curiosity i just spoke to them. £375 they want. Too much to risk on ti without a warranty, atleast for me.

Really like the ride of my jones and want a truss to see if it’s as revolutionary to the ride as the geometry and bars have been, but after getting a jones steel fork and headset it ends up costing more than what i paid for the complete bike. Are they that good?

dovebiker

XACD do provide a warranty – you just have the cost of sending the defective product back to them. TBH I’d rather deal direct with a Chinese company than the merry-go-round you sometimes get between your LBS, distributor and manufacturer who simply fob-off the problem on each other.

jameso

Retrodirect, I’d have a steel Jones fork over a Chinese copy every time. I have ti and steel truss forks and the only real difference is a bit of weight. They do feel good to ride and the steel stuff is good vfm imo. Jeff backs his stuff up, you won’t get fob-offs there. Very much a small brand service. It’s all subjective but I’m fine with paying what his stuff costs vs trade on other products, for a number of reasons.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Can Jones’ steel truss be bought on its own?

The ti can – 1100 pounds

gary

Can Jones’ steel truss be bought on its own?

Yes, unless something has changed, I got one when I crashed and bent my unicrown fork.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Any idea on pricing?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Just give give Jeff a ring ! He’s so chatty – you’ll be on the phone ten minutes, before you get to ask him how much 😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Steel is £600 from biff

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks Retro

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Ti Truss Fork XACD’ is closed to new replies.