Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ti springs – cheapest place to source (Taiwan etc?)
  • hora
    Free Member

2.25 x 650 flavour don’t mind if its US, HK, Germany etc etc- cheapest here seems to be Nukeproof @ circa £130 at th moment.

GW
    Free Member

Depends why you want one.
    why do you want one?

hora
    Free Member

I need a firmer spring (currently 500) and I also quite like the frame as a potential keeper so plan to trim abit of weight: seat dropper gone, lighter spring, carbon bars etc (I already have the light stuff as spares)

coatesy
    Free Member

Give Loco a call, not sure what he’s got but he has some.

GW
    Free Member

sorry, if you just want the cheapest S/H is the way to go.
    if you want the lightest tho remember not all Ti springs are the same.

angryratio
    Free Member

often find them on ebay when someone has the wrong spring weight.

thepodge
    Free Member

Keeping the frame? I thought it was a bit too much of a beast.

hora
    Free Member

Every ride on it- it grows on you more. If only I could shave 2lb off the total weight- loose the gravity dropper, bars (put OS carbon back on), ti spring etc etc

GW
    Free Member

What frame is it?

hora
    Free Member

09/10 spesh SX trail in a titanium finish (look). Podge it really does polish a ‘hit rider 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

is it worth dragging it up the hills? the two other guys I know with them both said they were over biked most of the time unless in the alps

GW
    Free Member

they are beasts, 1lb lighter (combined saving from bars/post and spring) isn’t going to make a whole lot of difference to that.

You’ll be lucky if a Ti spring saves you 100g in that size BTW

hora
    Free Member

You only feel overbiked if its a hassle/feels a pig compared to the benefits. My upper body is strongr than my legs so it feels ok .. You’ve seen how I climb and it only feels circa 1lb-2lb more than my blur4x when I carried out a ultra scientific ‘heft in the hands’ test.

slowrider
    Free Member

I’m not even going to comment Mark 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Oi! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ti springs – cheapest place to source (Taiwan etc?)’ is closed to new replies.