Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Ti Road Frames
  • jwmlee
    Free Member

A friend of mine has an Enigma. Loves it. JD Cycles in Ilkley have a number of test bikes and encourage you to try before you buy.

I love my Cube Elite HPT hardtail – light, strong and flexible in the right places. Believe it was made by Lynskey which have an excellent reputation when it comes to titanium bikes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Lynskey which have an excellent reputation when it comes to titanium bikes. “

as a fellow lynskey built bike owner – i hate to shatter the illusion but they do not !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like that article, beacuse I have a CAAD4 I was thinking of replacing and it’s saved me £1000 by convincing me just to get it resprayed 😀

My internet forum dwellers tuppence on Ti frames is buy steel, seems to have far fewer failiures and more choice of custom builders (or even go on a course and build your own)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Don’t expect some miracle magic carpet ride by going Ti. My Langster feels pretty similar stiffness and comfort wise to my Lynskey and cost £200 not £2000!

I went Ti just because i’ve always wanted one and so that i wouldn’t want to replace it after a year for being ‘last years colours/technology’.

roadiesean
    Free Member

I’ve got a Moots Vamoots RSL, have had Lynskey, Setavento and Litespeed, the Moots is the most “un”Ti ride I have ever had, it is stunning, really stiff, really fast and still comfy, but no more so than a good carbon frame. I thought the Setavento was amazing for the money, Lynskey was good but a bit dull and the Litespeed was like it had a hinge in the middle of it.

I also have a Desalvo Ti crosser, its chalk and cheese to the Moots, much more comfy and forgiving. If it were me and you had £3500 to spend on frame and forks I would get down to Mosquito and test ride 2 bikes, which was what I did, the Vamoots RSL and the IF TiFLW. The IF shaded the Moots, but in the end I bought a very new second hand Vamoots RSL for almost half retail and I never regretted it.

I have owned just about every high end road bike there is, C40, C50, EPS, Look 585, 595, Cannondales of every shape and colour and the Moots Vamoots RSL is hands down by a country mile the best bike I have ever ridden. I put Vittoria Pave tyres on it and ride it all winter, it is honestly a thing of beauty and I find myself still going out to garage just to look it and it makes me catch my breath.

However, I have recently been tempted to add a little something British to the quiver, if I had a spare bit of cash (and surprisingly little considering just how custom he will make them) I would go Columbus XCR or 953 by Donhue Bikes, [/url]Thomas is the loveliest bloke, will do whatever your imagination will dream up and they are stunning. If he was in the USA he would be up there with the Vanillas and the Sach’s he is a master. For my 50th in a few years, I’ll be getting something from him.

But honestly, if you can run to it, go with the Moots, I will never ever sell mine.

oldgit
    Free Member

Can’t decide which bike to use for my London-Paris-London 4 day. My Ti up there or my race bike.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

The sun shone today so i got my posh bike out for the first time this year.

[/url]
    IMAG0213 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    IMAG0214 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Ti Road Frames’ is closed to new replies.