• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jonl.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ti Hardtail / 27.5+ with Pinion & Gates
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

So time for some moon on a stick bike search help please.

I’d be interested in anything that ticks this criteria. What’s out there folks? –

Ti hardtail
    27.5+ (or 29)
    Must have Pinion gearbox with gates carbon belt drive

TheGingerOne

I think you could do that with a Why bike, have a look at Cyclorise as I think that is what the owner built up.

seriousrikk

I bet if you have a chat with Sonder they will build their Pinion Signal or Broken road with the drive you want.

singlespeedstu

Nordest.
    Mrsstu has a Bardino. It’s a well made frame and they were easy to deal with.

LACRAU 2 TI FRAME

ta11pau1

Sonder Signal Ti pinion (not sure if it has the split for belt drive but as each frame will be made to order it’s easy to add).
    IMG_20201008_102511
    They had a demo bike a while ago but not sure what happened to it.

Nordest Lacrau 2 Ti
    P4170279
    My bike 😉 – built in early 2021, build thread here https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-build-titanium-pinion-awesomeness/

Any questions, let me know.

Kingdom will do a custom vendetta with pinion/gates if asked.

The Kingdom and Nordest are both fairly slack, hardcore hardtails, the Sonder is a bit more trail orientated.

Most of these ti frames come from the Waltly factory and are done as custom orders.

bri-72

After a longer wait than expected my 50th present to myself is here and the build underway.

A 3-4 month build queue at point of ordering ended up being 9-10 months until arrived. Pinion delays and other issues. But at least here now.

Curtis Am9 Custom with Pinion belt drive.

bri-72

Curtis

Curtis

ta11pau1

Curtis Am9 Custom with Pinion belt drive.

Ooh, that’s rather nice! Pics of the full build, please! 🤤

survivor

You could try http://www.spanner.org.uk/

Very pleased with the frame and fork I got from him

bri-72

Tallpaul will do.

You can take part credit as it was a combination of seeing your build pics and then seeing a Curtis with pinion which led me down this path.

What started as in theory a lightish custom steel frame (normal gearing) has ended up far from it once I went down the gearbox rabbit hole.

Graham_Clark

Olsen Bikes on the South Downs ticks those boxes 🙂

VanHalen

OMG that curtis…

would be interesting to see how well the belt works in the deep winter sticky gritty crud.

Nicholai will probably build you what you need also https://en.nicolai-bicycles.com/bike/argon-gtb-pinion/ EDIT – not ti though…

ta11pau1

would be interesting to see how well the belt works in the deep winter sticky gritty crud.

No issues last winter
    PXL_20220109_121138016

frankconway

Try Mike Travers of…Travers bikes.

dove1

Sonder Broken Road or Signal, depending on how aggressive or not you want the bike to be.

bri-72

The almost complete photo (cranks sent were wrong ones so slightly delayed things).

And never got a shiny finished photo before just had to go get it dirty. Loving it so far.

jonl

Not cheap but good reviews:

Locum Pinion

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.