Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ti freehub body
  • mocha
    Free Member

Help!

If I go for XTR over Hope on my touring wheels will I be able to use non-carrier cassettes on the ti body without gouging as experienced on Hopes?

I know that I can get a steel freehub for the Hopes but quite fancy the idea of XTR for the aleged rebuildability in the back of beyond feature.

Cheers,
    Rich.

momo

Yep, ti cassette body on my old hope bulb, much better than the cheeselike ones fitted to the proII.

Olly
    Free Member

Ti free hub on my bulb is fine too, ran is single speed for a few years too.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Run non-carrier for a while on my XTRs- it was fine.

mocha
    Free Member

cheers all!

coatesy
    Free Member

I'd suggest you check the price of XTR freehub bodies first, nowt else fits apparently, and extortionate isn't the word.If you want servicability in the field, Hopes are dead easy to strip/service /repair, even by the side of the trail.

boblo
    Free Member

You can get Ti freehub bodies for Hope hubs. Worth checking with them direct. I got one for a pair of Pro's a year or so ago. Not sure if they are common with Pro II/III's?

Might be cheaper than XTR?

br
    Free Member

How much less do they weigh than the stock alloy ones (or is it just 'cos the alloy ones mark) – and obviously how much to buy?

njee20
    Free Member

They weigh more. A Tune ti freehub is 12g heavier than alu, but they don't suffer the same gouging problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ti freehub body’ is closed to new replies.