Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ti 456 – suitable for the heavy?
  • mrmoofo

The last three days cycling around the Eifel tell me I have to ride a bigger frame ( currently a 19 in Cotic)
    Not convinced that I want a fuss susser – but would get a Ti 456 be a route to disaster – as I weigh 130 kgs ?

Will a Ti frame cope or am I better staying with steel?

brant
    Free Member

Ti or Carbon 456 is good to go

gmex619
    Free Member

Im 17ish stone and owned a ti and carbon 456 and both have been faultless.

Used the carbon with a Thomson and Reverb. No problems with either. Only issue I had was xtr arms felt slightly flexy. Swapped too saint and not a problem.

mrmoofo

I know it is old prejudice – but I’m not a carbon lover TBH …
    But thanks for all advice

🙂

gmex619
    Free Member

Me either mate. The c456 was my first plastic bike. In all honesty they are stupidly strong.

Since then ive been converted. If you can get a ride on the c456 and don’t mind the marmite looks its tied for the best modern bike ove ridden with my ti456

mrmoofo

I did have a Trek Y 11 as a plastic – and TBH it never let me down, so it is irrational. I guess I feel that MTB tubes always get knocked and dinged ….

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Was18.5 stone when I got my 456ti (Lynskey version)

No problem for it IMO

mrmoofo

I rode a mates 456 (Lynskey version) yesterday – and the fit was good. Only briefly – and it was set up with a Rohloff , so just about everything was different ….
    Brant – How much does the Van Nic one differ from that?

brant
    Free Member

Reach to bars very similar but other geometry subtly different. Lower BB, steeper seat angle etc

brant
    Free Member

Reach to bars very similar but other geometry subtly different. Lower BB, steeper seat angle etc

kristoff
    Free Member

I bought my carbon 456 when I was about 125kg it has
    Shown no problems at all. I use slx cranks and no real noticeable flex.

The lighter I’ve got the more fun its become to ride 🙂

mrmoofo

The lighter I’ve got the more fun its become to ride

That is the position where I would like to get to – the ride around the Nuerburging will not go down as one of my enjoyable days …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ti 456 – suitable for the heavy?’ is closed to new replies.