Thunderbird problems.

Home Forum Chat Forum Thunderbird problems.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Thunderbird problems.
  • FWIW I’m using Thunderbird v3.0.11 and am not aware of this – what version are you on?

cynic-al

I’d just cut back a bit 😀

don simon

what version are you on?

To be honest I don’t know, but updates are automatic so I guess the latest. How would I find out which version I have?

bikebouy

Ahhh you are using the wrong Thunderbird, perhaps Thunderbird 3 will be more help..
    Or the one witht he big screw on the front.

rocketman

Thunderbird 1 & 3 were my favourites

I never liked Thunderbird 4 – too small and the wrong colour

MrsPoddy

to find out which version Help, About Thunderbird. It is on V10 at present. There were some issues earlier on with thunderbird releases I know one of the time taken to load emails was linked to periodically emptying your temp file.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Sounds like it could be a network connection / mail server issue as much as a mail client problem TBH.

Outlook isn’t perfect, but its foibles are better understood and it may be a better option than Thunderbird for business use.

don simon

Sounds like it could be a network connection / mail server issue as much as a mail client problem TBH.

Does anyone know what this means in English? 😀

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

on second thoughts.

Just get a man in!

don simon

geoffj – Member

…might also be worth checking if you anti-virus could be causing some of the issues.
    It’s all very good advice, but as the clear numpty that I am when it comes to computer stuff, if I don’t understand what you’re saying then yes the answer is to get a man in as you really are wasting your time.
    But thanks anyway.

logical

Thunderbird 3 was always best to use

Thunderbird 3 was always best to use

tosh – Thunderbird 2 is where it’s at

How would I find out which version I have?

1. click on Help| About
    2. copy the version no
    3. google “thunderbird <<version>> problems” or “thunderbird <version>> send blank email”

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Ok ok

1. What antivirus are you using? Google that with Thunderbird in the search string to see if anything comes up?

2. Do you have a web front end for your email? Can you send some test emails from that to see if you can replicate the problem?

3. Can you try the same thing using Windows Mail or another free client? That should help determine if its a Thunderbird or network / main server issue.

Process of elimination – or just buy a Mac 😉

don simon

I have been using Thunderbird for emails for a couple of years now, without problems. In the last couple of weeks there has been a marked increase in the number of empty emails being received by customers, I write the email and they receive contentless emails.
    It generally happens when using the reply button rather than just writing and sending a new email.
    To the vastly more knowledgeable on these things than me, is it an problem at my end or Mozilla’s?
    Is there a fix? Or should I simply change, kicking and screaming, to Outlook?

Muchas gracias.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

If they forward an affected email back to you, is it still blank?

I’d be inclined to run an AV / Malware scan. It sounds like the sort of thing that an AV program might do (deleting infected content).

don simon

Thanks, it’s v14.
    Anti virus is MSE.
    Web front end? Test mails probably won’t do much good as it’s a sporradic occurance.

Would gmail be a free client for testing?
    Ta muchly.

I’d be inclined to run an AV / Malware scan. It sounds like the sort of thing that an AV program might do (deleting infected content).

These are run on a regular, every couple of weeks, basis.

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

Maybe your clients aren’t set up for HTML email?

EDIT: eg on smart phones etc

project

I have a Virgil talking model and 2 Scott Tracy talking models, i`ll go and ask them.

THEYRE NOT TOYS

Also you could try emailing Brains, he knew everything.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Thunderbird problems.’ is closed to new replies.