Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Thunder & lightning!
  • ART

Anyone else sitting underneath this mental thunderstorm, power flickering constantly & front door rattling with the thunder strikes.

Stoner
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner, not far over the border from Wiltshire here, and it’s been biblical for quite a while!

ART

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! It’s crazy, I tells ya!

pjt201
    Free Member

it hit Bristol about 10 minutes ago.

zippykona

None in the Surrey Dust Bowl.

andyl
    Free Member

been on the Mendips for a couple of hours now.

Went out for a sneaky ride this afternoon and it was lovely and bone dry and fast and dusty. Glad I didn’t wait for tomorrow.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Still in South Glos zone now, though its having a quieter moment. Not sure if its ending or just rolling on someplace else.

For some reason, one of our cats is desperate to be out in it. Must be mad…

racefaceec90

yes (devizes). it shut off my 360 a few times.has been going on for the past 4-5 hours now.

armageddon i tells ya is starting in wiltshire 😯

takisawa2

All quiet here in Lichfield, in ye olds Shire of Stafford.

CountZero

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]
    Over the space of several hours; been a lot of strokes. Still flashing away at times, and I think there’s another lot on the way.

kimbers

Was epic over London about 4am I think

chomp
    Free Member

bugger all in Kent – at least nothing that managed to wake me up

MrNice
    Free Member

[FinbarSaunders]Over the space of several hours; been a lot of strokes. Still flashing away at times, and I think there’s another lot on the way. [/FinbarSaunders]

eskimonumber1

Was out in that last night on the Ridgeway to Avebury, never pedaled so fast in my life!

Nobby

bugger all in Kent – at least nothing that managed to wake me up

Really?!

At 2.20am for over half an hour we had epic lightning & thunder with torrential rain. The house shook several times & loads of alarms were going off. We were all awoken, even Jr who can usually sleep through most things – it was the first time we’ve seen the mutt scared too.

When I left for work this morning, the footings for next door’s extension were full of rain water.

DavidB
    Free Member

Was out in that last night on the Ridgeway to Avebury, never pedaled so fast in my life!

So was I. Strikes 50 feet away from me at Fyfield Down, I retreated down the track to Avebury riding in a river with the lightening following me down. Never been so scared on the bike in my life.

eskimonumber1

So was I. Strikes 50 feet away from me at Fyfield Down, I retreated down the track to Avebury riding in a river with the lightening following me down. Never been so scared on the bike in my life.

Must have been there about the same time, did you go past the Red Lion? We were sheltering in there and saw someone on a hardtail in the downpour.

Epic to watch from the safety of the pub, not so much fun getting to the pub!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nothing last night but it hit us here yesterday morning from 8:30am for just over 2hrs!

badnewz
    Free Member

Had a storm here in hertfordshire last night.

prawny

Bit o’ mizzle over cannock chase. Should still be a sandpit for the weekend

DavidB
    Free Member

Must have been there about the same time, did you go past the Red Lion? We were sheltering in there and saw someone on a hardtail in the downpour.

Yep, that was me. I pushed on to Yatesbury then dragged myself home via tracks to Broad Hinton, the storm followed me. I thought about the pub but had no cash, if I’d known I could have scaved a pint of you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Was epic over London about 4am I think

Sure was, woke us up, ended up turning the TV on to watch the Referendum results.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just been torrential in Didcot. Actually improves the place.

cinnamon_girl

Was driving through Wiltshire at around 6.00 pm yesterday and the skies were filled with lightning, thunder and seriously heavy rain resulting in severely reduced visibility. Was getting a little nervous. 🙁

jambourgie
    Free Member

Quite rainy in Sheffield.

Hope that helps.

jairaj

Had a storm here in hertfordshire last night.

Did we? I slept peacefully right through it and I had my window open.

Forecast shows we might get some lightning a bit later this evening. Fingers crossed for a good show.

brassneck

On the Wilts/Hants borders it was crazy last night and bad enough this afternoon for Mrs B to text and comment on it. Newbury didn’t seem to be as bad, just getting the edge of it.

Caher

Been in Madrid all week and there was a storm just off the coast of Portugal that has been sending thunder and rain into the capital all week. Saw some spectacular flashes as we approached the UK last night as the plane became a bucking bronco.

bigyinn
    Free Member

We had ours around 10:00 yesterday on the IOW. Saw it hit the church spire 200yds away, twice. Made one hell of a bang!
    Fabulous!

CountZero

There was a bloke from Box who’s sometimes on RadMac on 6Music doing the Chain who said he went down to his kitchen this morning and found two feet of water in there!
    And a train from London got stuck just outside Corsham for four hours because of flooding, they evacuated the passengers at 1am when the water got to the bottom of the carriage doors…

mikey74
    Free Member

Epic lightning here in West Sussex tonight.

ART

Main road was flooded this morning & half a field appears to have washed into the back lane, van now has ‘chocolate mix’ underside. Love the maps CountZero.

hatter

Was in the garage/bat cave happily fitting mudguards to my Croix, head the rain hit then turned round a few minutes later to see water piling in under the door.

Hmmmmm, fun times.

Looks like I need to do some work on the soakaway.

CountZero

ART, they’re screen-grabs from the app, even better in real time, you see the flashes, then you get the yellow dot with a red border while the circles showing the thunder expand outwards. Great fun to watch as the storm moves around.
    http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Are you not supposed to avoid watching the tv in a lightning storm in case it decides to hit the aerial, or something?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Thunder & lightning!’ is closed to new replies.