Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thule Tow Bar Rack – Can I move the ratchet straps?
  • continuity
    Free Member

I have a euroway g2. I can pull the feet out, but the straps won’t go around my 29er wheels (slightly deep).

Underneath are some Allen keys that I can loosen and move the ratchet straps. If I do that, the feet and lights are stuck out and can’t be retracted. Also, the ratchet straps themselves brace against the frame – if I move them they are no longer braced.

Anyone else done this? Will I lose my bike from the back?

spooky_b329

I just looked at mine to see what you meant. I guess if you unbolt them you are considering running them further out around the plastic wheel support.

I reckon its a bit iffy, could you unbolt the plastic straps and replace with a longer alternate such as short luggage straps? Or turn your wheel 180 degrees to shorten the wheelbase of the bike?

continuity
    Free Member

I’m not sure how different straps that weren’t bolted in the first place would be safer than ones that are bolted, but just not braced on the frame?

You can get fat bike replacement ratchets, but they would be pulling the wheels in at like 45 degrees !

spooky_b329

I meant that you would bolt or clamp the new straps to the existing holes. But if you can get fat bike straps that sounds perfect. All they need to do is stop the wheels bouncing or rolling off the seats so it doesn’t really matter if they are at 45 degrees…you don’t need to tighten them much.

andermt
    Free Member

You can buy longer straps, have done that on mine as my enduro bike was too long.

continuity
    Free Member

Huh, apparently the straps are only for the Velospace or easyfold racks, not the Euroway. Andermt – can you confirm they fit?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thule Tow Bar Rack – Can I move the ratchet straps?’ is closed to new replies.