Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule ThruRide 565…opinions
  • mikertroid
    Free Member

Anyone use these?

Just wondering whether they’re good… I use ProRide 591 & 598 and Yakima HighSpeed, but think these might be better for longer distance drives.

Do they damage thru axles?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

I am a big fan; I’ve had them for years on different cars and they’re absolutely rock solid. I’m always a little nervous of the normal ProRides as they rely on clamping the frames, and I always wonder how much stress they put a frame under – especially if you’re leaning into a fun set of corners, say.

Although putting wheels in the boot is a bit of a dirty job, you can shove the wheel in a wheel bag if you must. Getting the bike on the roof is no harder than ProRides – you just have to watch for dropping the forks onto the roof – but the knack is to make sure the rear wheel strap is ready to take the rear wheel, and then slide it all up in one motion.

I have 4 now on my 5 series and all the bikes go up there – even the kids. I just know that the bikes will be properly solid when I’m driving along. Even at 3 figure speeds (in Germany, obviously).

They rarely appear 2nd hand on eBay, so you may need to bite the bullet and go new at ~£155.

Well recommended in my book.

jamj1974

Bought one a couple of moths ago – seems to work well and is rock-solid.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

They do not damage thru-axles btw – in fact, they work really well – load is spread across the whole thru axle.

The 565 fits 15/20mm out of the box – and adjust to your hearts desire (based on how tight you want it).

Should also come with a 9mm QR adaptor which works really well should the need arise.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Might get a couple and sell some 591s….!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule ThruRide 565…opinions’ is closed to new replies.