Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule bits – what car are they for?
  • misteralz
    Free Member

So now that our boys are getting older, and bigger, we need more space for road trips. When we’re allowed to do those again. Mrs. Alz was talking about swapping my beloved mk5 GTI for something bigger. I was not. We agreed on either hiring something for big trips, or a roofbox. Ace. I picked up some Thule rails the other day, advertised as being for a mk5 Golf. They are not. I can get the correct fitting kit no problem, and while I’m annoyed at the seller I’m not going to waste an evening going back to his to get my money back. But what I really want to know is what the fitting kit I have is actually for, so that I can at least have someone else benefitting from it. But can I find information anywhere? No. So, longshot time. Anybody know what pad 46, clamp 107 and clamp 449 are for?

MrOvershoot

Think the 46 foot pad is for Toyota/Lexus stuff around 2010?
    Seem to remember fitting that to a neighbors 09 Toyota Verso, sorry I can’t be certain.

You could try https://www.roofbox.co.uk/ as they might know

bigblackshed

The numbers you are quoting don’t seem to correspond to any of the Thule parts I can find. It’s difficult going backwards through a parts finder, most ask what car you have and then recommend which parts fit, not the other way round.

Try here to see if you can recognise the parts you have. THULE SPARE PARTS

misteralz
    Free Member

Yeah, I know! The rubber pads do at least have a ‘proper’ part number on them, but of course it appears to be on EVERY rubber pad I can find. Tried Thule as well, but they either didn’t understand or were being deliberately obtuse…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule bits – what car are they for?’ is closed to new replies.