Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thule 591 on Berlingo – Issues
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

I have just fitted a pair of Thule bars to my Berlingo (well its a Peugeot Partner).
    Bars are fitted to the attachment points in the roof rather than onto linear bars.

When fitting the 591’s they go on okay with a bit of moving stuff around, but when it comes to putting my bike on (M Lapierre Spicy) it over hangs the front of the rack so cant secure the front wheel.

I have the bar slid forwards as far as it will go, but i think the distance between the 2 bars is just too wide.

Anyone encountered the same? Found any ways of solving?

Cheers.

cp

any pics?

mattstreet

Pics would help as I can’t quite understand what you mean. So, guessing a bit here….

On the 591 you can slacken off some allen bolts on the underneath of the clamp assembly (the bit with winder), which allows you to slide it along the length of the ‘gutter’. You may just need to move it back a bit so the clamp arm isn’t so far forward that your bike is too forward on the gutter.

Edit – the same allen bolts allow you to remove the clamp assembly altogether too, and let you turn it round, which you might want to do if you’ve got more than one on the roof. If you do swap it round tho, watch out for your chainring making contact with the clamp arm – it will eat it! Simply put the chain up onto the biggest ring and no problem.

nickdavies
    Free Member

As above not quite sure what you mean but it sounds like you have the aluminium gutter a bit far back on the rails. You can undo the arm mount and move the gutter forward a bit, it will just slide on the back mounting plate. One of my bikes does the same – on one of the racks i’ve got the arm turned round so it’s a bit further forward to get 2 bikes on the same side of the roof, on this one the front wheel holder is only 1/2 on the gutter, but once ratcheted down and locked on it’s fine. It’s not an issue on any other bike, just the angles of one of them mean it’s a bit far forwards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591 on Berlingo – Issues’ is closed to new replies.