Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thule 591 / 598 where from?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Anyone spotted any good deals? Looking for 2 before next weekend.

superstu
    Free Member

Find the best deal on the internet, then book click and collect at your nearest Halfords and then get them to price match. That’s what I did – they don’t seem to advertise price match but they do it. They weren’t very happy when I picked up two 591’s for less than the RRP of one, but to be fair they did honour the price simply by my showing them my phone and where I got the low price from.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not cheapness related, but the 598 is the shizzle. Especially if you have a crabon fribe shredsled, braw! 😀

Seriously, though, I’d go for the 598 out of the two.

nickewen
    Free Member

Second that ^^^ about the price match. Drove down to Halfords picked up 2 x 598s and paid the price I showed the fella on me phone. I’ve done a number of trips with them and despite the mpg hit they’re spot on.

iainc

Halfords, with 10% BC discount. I swopped from 591 to 598 six months ago and the 598 are much better IMO.

slackboy
    Cougar

roofbox.co.uk is my go-to.

Cougar

I swopped from 591 to 598 six months ago and the 598 are much better IMO.

What’s the difference, out of interest?

iainc

The frame clamp is bigger, softer jaws, bike falls into it more easily. The tensioner has a torque limiter, the straps for the wheels are diagonal which seem easier, and they have ratchet tensioner clips.

geoffj

and you can get wheel trays for + and fat bikes.

Del

598 takes up to 3.0 as standard.

geoffj

598 takes up to 3.0 as standard.

ish – our + bikes sit much better in the wider trays.

Cougar

Cheers, cool.

Del

oh. roofbox.co.uk was where i got mine IIRC.
    good service. they sent the wrong colour initially. i put a call in, they were very apologetic, asked me to wrap them up again and label, shipped me replacements, and had the others collected, all within a day or two.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not many 591’s in stock anywhere so you may struggle to get hold of them as they were clearing them dirt cheap when the 598’s came out.
    I have the 598’s now and not a massive difference over the 591’s but torque limit, soft frame clamp, better wheel clamping and now easier to change the arm for mounting on either side of the car.

598’s don’t come with the square bar fittings anymore just the T-track if that makes a difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591 / 598 where from?’ is closed to new replies.