Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thru axle in-compatibility. Gravel 12 x 100 thread length.
  • phil5556

Bought a new thru axle for my wife’s Cannondale Topstone fork, but it doesn’t fit because the thread is too long. The overall axle length is right but when screwed in there would still be thread visible on the inside of the drop outs.

Here’s the new one next to the old, difficult to see as it’s still in packet but…

What I bought was this
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/brand-x-twist-lever-thru-axle/rp-prod176625?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_content=GB

Brand-X in size 100-125-17-M12-P1.5

Can anyone help me find what I need please? Must have a lever on it.

This is the original axle

stevehine

Maybe I’m being thick, but why is it a problem ? The threads will do that on any bike it fits on…

dovebiker

Where do the threads fit in relation to the inner race of the hub bearings? If the thread is outboard you should be OK as it is the bearing that take the radial load.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    phil5556

Where do the threads fit in relation to the inner race of the hub bearings? If the thread is outboard you should be OK as it is the bearing that take the radial load.

Probably the thread is outboard of the bearing but I’ll have to check again, it would (probably) only be the end cap that sits on the thread. It just doesn’t look / feel right.

When the original is screwed in there is no thread visible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.