Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Throwing shit out of a hotel window….
  • retro83
    Free Member

Caher

Wrong crowd. Maybe pistonheads might be more appreciative.

Highly doubtful.

lesgrandepotato

I waffle stomp instead.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Back in the day an old acquaintance of mine ended up doing time after throwing a live cat out of the window of a flat on the tenth floor at a flat party.

DezB
    Free Member

I prevented a member of Lofidelity Allstars from throwing himself out of a hotel window.

Ah, whatever happened to The Wrecked Train?

globalti
    Free Member

When I was wasting my third year at Grenoble Uni my room in the residence had a big metal box outside the window containing the gas regulator, which hissed loudly all day and night. There were five floors above me and very often during the night I would hear the “dong” as something landed on the box. Usually it was food stuff like stale rolls, olives, out of date yoghurt but there were some unspeakable things as well, which you really wouldn’t want to handle without rubber gloves.

Cougar

Not throwing stuff out of windows, but an earlier post reminded me of this rather dull anecdote.

Back when I was a student, I used to earn a bit of cash helping out a mate’s dad who had a coach-works business. Mostly this was either collecting a Transit cab+chassis or delivering said vehicle back with a fresh flatbed / tipper on the back, but we did other odd jobs too.

One day we were tasked with cleaning out the yard, which was a mess of box section offcuts and assorted detritus. I picked up what I thought was a length of PVC piping several feet long and flung it into the Big Pile O’ Crap, only to discover after the effect that it was in fact an incredibly dusty fluorescent tube. There was an astonishingly loud bang like a bloody bomb had gone off, followed by everything going very very quiet indeed. Scared me half to death.

senorj

Got it in one Dez👍😊

bigyinn
    Free Member

I once threw a pint glass out of a first floor window, which then bounced when it hit the ground. I was amazed!

Cougar

I once threw a pint glass out of a first floor window, which then bounced when it hit the ground. I was amazed!

Oh. Once when I was young and stupid (as opposed to old and stupid) I threw a Holsten Pils bottle off the top of a multi-story car park. That bounced, too. Maybe six storeys high IIRC.

northernsoul

When I as young and stupid we pinched a TV from the skip outside next door and threw it down the cellar stairs because we were curious how loud the bang would be. It bounced. We lobbed bricks at it until it broke. Very underwhelming.

Edukator
    Free Member

By the time I could afford a night in a hotel chucking things out of the window was the last thing on my mind.

I can’t remember ever throwing anything other than a paper dart out of a high window.

CountZero

I’ve just thrown the remnants of half a pack of Aldi pistachio nuts or the window!

Anyone else would have just thrown the packet with the empty shells out the window.

perchypanther
    Free Member

For  a hardcore throwing paper planes out of a window experience might I suggest Glasgow College of Building and Printing ( the tall building on the right) where generations of students have been tempted by the  fortuitous  combination of technical drawing classrooms on the top floor with a ready supply of A0 sized paper and opening windows which face onto the inviting target of the courtyard of Ernst & Young’s building below and George Square beyond…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Throwing shit out of a hotel window….’ is closed to new replies.