• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ski.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Through a wall scart lead?
  • ski
    Free Member

Trying to wire up a TV to DVD unit which stored in another room, the wall between them is solid brick & I don’t want to drill a masive hole!

Is there such a thing as a scart lead with a pull apart small plug adapter that you could feed through a small hole?

Blanked with google so far!

IA

Take the scart head off, put the wire through, then reattach scart head.

Or use a much smaller HDMI lead if it’s an option?

uplink
    Free Member

Why not just use a scart to phonos & then (if req) a scart to phono adaptor?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

44mm core bit and a tin of expanding foam

john_drummer
    Free Member

exactly how far apart are the TV & DVD? You say they’re in separate rooms, but are they on opposite sides of the party wall, or further apart than that?

Really begs the question “why?” though

yunki
    Free Member

uplink +1

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Had exactly the same problem. I couldn’t find a through the wall lead which did replicate all the pins. In the end I got the scart lead with the lowest profile plugs and a damn great masonry bit…

I did this to link a sky+ box to another room

uplink
    Free Member

I couldn’t find a through the wall lead which did replicate all the pins

How pins of the pins were you using?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

uplink I know that now…. but I wasn’t convinced by the leads I saw advertised which usually only did 9.

would be much easier if sky boxes had had multiple HDMI outs. And surely HDMI-HDMI is the solution here. DVD players cost nothing these days.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Buy a soldering iron any cutters/strippers and just re-wire the head at the other side.

ski
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Through a wall scart lead?’ is closed to new replies.