Three Peaks Challenge Trip – spaces available

Home Forum Bike Forum Three Peaks Challenge Trip – spaces available

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Three Peaks Challenge Trip – spaces available
  • On behalf of my GF….thought it was worth a punt on here!

The Challenge dates are 25th – 28th April 2013
    I’m now offering it out externally to ensure we get the 24 people and can keep the cost at £420.

Can you forward to your friends & colleagues please? They can always email me if they have questions

The deadline for registration is Thursday 28th February.

The cost for this exclusive event will be £420
    which includes:
    • 3 nights’ accommodation at 3* hotels in twin rooms (single room supplement available £35pp per night)
    • Transfers from Glasgow airport on Thursday 25th April & throughout challenge with a drop off at Manchester Rail Station or airport on the Sunday evening
    • Breakfast (Fri, Sat & Sun)
    • Qualified mountain leaders, groups will be split to accommodate different fitness levels
    • Kit list & Training plan (sent once deposit is paid)
    • Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
    The following is not included:
    • Lunch/Dinner – Packed lunches are available to order from all the hotels the night before (typically £6-7)
    • Flight to Glasgow – From £29. You will need to arrive by 5pm latest on the Thursday
    • Train or Flight from Manchester – From £51. Return travel must be booked no earlier than 7pm
    • Equipment (You may wish to take walking poles)
    Click here to book your place and find out more. A deposit of £99 is required at the time of booking. Places are on a first come, first served basis and you must book and pay the full amount 2 months before the challenge (by 25th February). You are welcome to bring a +1 (partner, family member or friend but no pets please). If you would like your own room or to share a room with someone, please indicate this on the reference section on the booking form. We cannot guarantee your request but the earlier you book, the easier it will be for us to accommodate your request. Also, don’t forget to book a day off on the Friday & a half day on Thursday. You may even want to take the Monday off to put your feet up!
    I think that is everything but, if you do have any questions, please email or call me on the numbers below.
    What are you waiting for? Get yourself signed up, this is going to be an epic adventure so don’t miss it!

Serena Hobson
    Sports and Social Coordinator (London)
    Telephone: 0207 996 3491
    Mobile: 07788 987 080
    serena.hobson@baml.com

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

This isn’t going to end well…..

Vinte

Let battle commence.

ndthornton

£420 to walk up 3 hills?
    Hotels and flights?
    Whats wrong with tent and a van?
    Are you taking Sherpa’s too?

brooess

British Mountaineering Council position on 3 Peaks Challenge

Can’t find the previous STW thread on this but here’s the BMC’s message

<pops off to the kitchen to make a cup of tea and grab some biscuits>

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

TBF to the OP, with 3 nights hotel accommodation built in, it seems unlikely they’ll be doing a night-time assault on any of the hills?

bokonon

3 hills in 4 days? A challenge?

I can’t see that this fits the standard mould of 3 peaks – they will be tucked up in bed in a 3* hotel, rather than bothering the people around Wastwater.

you bunch of cynical old gits!

Obviously for those who are more used to self-guided and self-organised outdoory stuff the above much is not much of a “challenge” at all. But for the average desk-jockey who has never previously gone further than a stroll in their local park, its probably a big deal!

Its almost a bit like the trail centre versus natural riding argument……even if you think trail centres are boring/not what real biking is al about, its difficult to ignore that their very existence has allowed so many more people to get into the sport, which in turn gives biking as a whole a stronger voice – which has to be a god thing for everyone. Everyone has to start somewhere……

Anyway, so much for trying to do the GF a favour – looks like any potential brownie points earned on this one are WAY out of the window!! ;-P

OH, b*llocks. You’ve got me sucked in to this now. I remember why I try to stay away from forums thesedays!

For the sake of self-respectability, I just gotta point out that my GF is not actually running this trip, she’s just trying to get a group together to do it as part of her day-job.

In terms of the word “challenge” both she and I have a VERY different idea about what that actually needs to be!

Eg, something more like….well…. lets say 6 days back to back alpine riding at up to 3000m altitude, >250km distance >95%% off-road technical singletrack, >20,000m of descent, not a hotel in sight.

or in otherwords….THIS:

Trans-Savoie Big Alpine Enduro by trailAddiction

ndthornton

Its allright
    We’re not judging you 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Three Peaks Challenge Trip – spaces available’ is closed to new replies.