Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 'three' network… worth a punt?
  • DrP

Lookng at new SIM only contracts as my 4gig of data often gets close to being used up (spotify, kids streaming TV etc) and i then ‘hold back’ at the end of the month.

I’m on talk mobile. They are ‘uneventful’. Not overly impressed as roaming simply doesn’t work. leave the UK, phone is a brick.

Looking at the 12gig for £14 Three deal…
    I was with 3 10 years ago – horribl company – alrays ringing me trying to sell more deals etc.
    Are they better now??

Ta!

DrP

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve been a happy Three customer for years, I’m on their Advanced All You Can Eat plan, as an existing customer that was just £19/month. Effectively unlimited data, 30GB tethering, roaming across large chunks of the world at the same rates, and free data for sites like Netflix (and others).

We were on holiday in France last month, in the evenings we watched Netflix on a laptop via the phone, for free. Awesome.

mattyfez

Been with thenm for a fair few years, no complaints.

Roaming in spain works fine for general browsing/FB, but it’s too slow for steraming video, not sure about straming audio.
    But it think that may be dependent on local mobile the network you are roaming on at the time

Also they have limited teathering allowance now as people were using the 4g network as a permenent broadband solution.

I’ve unlilmited data, but teathering I think is limited to 4gb per month.

loddrik
    Free Member

Whole family are with them. Have been with them for last 4 years. Seem to be the cheapest for me and never had a single issue. Pay £25 for unlimited data and 600 mins.

Flaperon

Reasonable coverage but network easily overloaded (Heathrow, big city centres etc). Even the employees in the 3 shop in Manchester didn’t use it because it was unreliable. In quieter areas it was excellent for me.

Hohum
    Free Member

I am with them now and they still try to sell me new deals.

Easy enough just to add the numbers to your mobile’s number blacklist though.

jimdubleyou

I’ve been with three since I went SIM only about 5 years ago.

They have been fine except:
    The amazing (unlimited data, £15 pm) 12 month deal I had been on for 4 years was cancelled. They moved me onto the same deal Ross has got above, which on balance wasn’t really that bad as the tethering allowance is, frankly, enormous.

The 4G coverage in my office (London) has been crap for the last week or so. Apparently there is an issue outside of their control which has been escalated to Ofcom. 3G still works fine.

I have not had any upselling calls or other bs like that.

newrobdob
    Free Member

My brother is with them and loves them but where I live their coverage was a bit rubbish so I stayed with EE. Get a pay as you go sim to try out – that’s what I did to test their service.

DrP

Your brother jsut replied on my Facebook!!

I went for the deal in the end.. £55 cash back via TCB too, so worth a punt.

I think having more data and the roaming will be useful.

DrP

deviant
    Free Member

I’d still be with 3 if I lived in the South East, I was very happy for nearly 7 years.

No hassle from them, 2 year rolling contracts with upgrades, excellent data coverage etc…then we moved to Wales in 2015…the land that mobile phone networks forgot.

Had to swap to EE to get a signal in the house and around locally while out, they’re more expensive, capped data (with 3 my contacts were genuinely unlimited data) and the handset deals are crap but I’m also a BT internet and landline customer and found out that BT use EE’s network so I’ll be moving that way on a decent bundle deal when this contract is over.

willard

Roaming is good, but I have sod-all signal in my house, despite being in an allegedly technically advanced part of the country and the network refuses to acknowledge either data of vox as being possible, despite full signal, when I am at Stansted Airport.

That said, it works well in Sweden, Germany, Ireland and the US & Canadia, so that’s ok.

windyg
    Free Member

Been with 3 for the last 7 years, i’m in quite a remote area where all the providers are a bit poor but I have seen the 3 service improve, i have never been hassled by them, every couple of years I’ve rang them to get them to offer me a better deal, currently £9pm for 4gb data unlimited calls and texts.

dantsw13

I use 3 – the “feel at home” package is brilliant. I use it in the USA and Europe all the time.

csb

Just left them because there is no indoor signal in my house. Heaven help anyone who has a signal issue that needs sorting. They’re dire. Good rural coverage though.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

The signal in our house is poor, like all the networks. However, it cleverly picks up our wifi signal and allows me to make/receive all calls/texts as normal. Seems to work really well.
    The feel at home feature is invaluable for me, off to the USA tomorrow, it’ll allow me to use the phone as normal at no extra expense.
    I’m a fan!

jimmy

Been with em nearly 2 years. 4G in Edinburgh is patchy compared to O2 but plenty good enough for me. They’re not the easiest to deal with and occasionally call with loyalty offers like ‘because you’re a valued customer can we sign your entire family up? Please?’. Was down in Lancaster/Morecambe at the weekend and had no data signal which was annoying when eating out by myself!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Very happy. Been with them years. Roaming for free in NY whilst others had no data earlier this year.

Few years back lived in a place with poor signal, rang them, they sent me a microcell which plugged into the router, and allowed better coverage.

colournoise

Been with them SIM only for a while now. No hassle from them in terms of selling/upselling. Can’t beat the value for properly unlimited data and pretty much hassle-free thethering. Have found the data coverage a bit patchy in some areas (Wales and The Lakes spring to mind), but when I have signal service is excellent. Signal in the house is not great, but the calls/text over wifi app deals with that (wich it would sync with Android messaging though).

enfht
    Free Member

3, named after 3G ‘the next big leap forward’.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Happy Three customer, been with them for 5 (?) years now. Old contract £18 unli ited 4G data, calls etc. Had the free Europe too, very useful. Hardly ever call me. Have a mobile dongle too as used it for house wifi for a bit (12gb month ans more recent contact)

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’m on three payg, currently overseas and it’s a very cheap deal for light users who travel a bit. Internet can be a touch slow abroad but fine excluding streaming.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

They’re having a huge roll out next year, so their network will be improving a fair bit..

sadexpunk

happy family on three here, myself and wife on about £13pm for 4Gb data, u/l texts and 600 mins. both teenage lads have £8pm contracts that get em what they need.
    as others have mentioned, invaluable abroad as it allows tethering from phone using your own data allowance.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘'three' network… worth a punt?’ is closed to new replies.