Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Threads – 30 years old and still pretty scary – Barry Hines was a genius!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Watched the 1984 BBC film Threads last night.

Still pretty scary after over 30 years.

The book is brilliant as well. Love Barry Hines stuff, he did other great stuff apart from Kes, The Blinder, The Gamekeeper and The Heart of It, all classics IMO.

davidjey
    Free Member

Threads is one of those films that everyone should watch, but I can’t really say I enjoyed watching it – the fact that the whole scenario is plausible made it one of the most terrifying things I’ve ever seen. I think I hardly slept afterwards.

rone

Certainly a very bleak film. And sticks in the mind. Revisiting it though it has dated, but still has a sense of realism about it

That’s only a relatively small bomb too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stever
    Free Member

I know you probably shouldn’t just hark back to Kes but if I’d only ever done one thing and it was that I could die happy. ‘Fisher?’ ‘German Bight’

Trimix
    Free Member

What is the book called – I cant seem to find it on Amazon under “Threads”

Trimix
    Free Member

Ah, its not in book form, only DVD.

doordonot
    Free Member

But the OP says “The book is brilliant as well”.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I distinctly remember reading it as a book as well.

Particularly remember the explanation of the break down of the language towards the end.

However, I can’t find it on Amazon or Abebooks. I’m moving house at the moment and will see if it turns in soon to be cluttered collection of paperbacks.

Very weird??????????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Threads – 30 years old and still pretty scary – Barry Hines was a genius!’ is closed to new replies.