Threaded Flanges – where?

Home Forum Chat Forum Threaded Flanges – where?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Threaded Flanges – where?
  • Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

I’m after a couple of threaded flanges* and pipe to go in them.

This sort of thing:

Pipe needs to be 1.125 – 1.25′ in diameter and only 4′ in length.

Seems to be loads of places selling them in the US but would rather not have to pay postage that doubles the price of the items! Anyone know anywhere I can get them in the UK for not much money?

*grow up

marcus7

Try collister and glover (www.colglo.co.uk) in fact i’m just about to go there so if you know what you need in terms of size i’ll get you a cost! I’ll need the thread size of the flange, hole number and PCD and what do you want it made from also would you be able to tread the pipe?

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Hi Marcus, only thing that matters is O/D of pipe is 1.125-1.25 inches and 4 inches in length, would prefer steel, I’m not able to thread the pipe. PCD and size of flange not really important, is to make a couple of these:

Difference is mine won’t be quill stem, hence the O/D being 1 1/8′ – 1 1/4′ (pretty sure the ahead stem will go over a 1 1/4′ pipe…)

Cheers!

Theres not the content to this thread that I was expecting……… 😀

marcus7

Ahhh i see what you are doing! in that case i might suggest you use a railing clamp as you wont need to thread the tube! and its generally cheaper. bear with me and ill look into it.

marcus7

Right just been in and the closest match i can find is 20mm long barrel nipple and flange (like in the pic) Its too small by a couple of mm but could easily be shimmed with a couple of strips of drinks can wrapped round. cost is around £13 excluding the cost of delivery, if you want one (or more) then i’ll talk to the lads there to see what the delivery would be. cheers

irelanst

nipple and flange

Your making that up for comedy value!

grow up!

Sorry

How about these;

http://www.metals4u.co.uk/Size-B-34mm-tube-clamps/132-B-Railing-Base-Flange-size-B/1625/8575/detail.asp

You might be better with the smaller size, but would need to shim the stem.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Nice one thanks for that. Just want to check is this what you’re talking about:

And that would thread into the flange?

Could you find out how much it would be for 2 of each (Barrels and flanges) inc delivery?

Thanks again!

marcus7

Yeah the flange is threaded to suit, if can wait till monday i’ll find out for you….

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Yup no worries, my email address is on my profile. Cheers!

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

irelanst – Member
    How about these;

Cheers mate, missed your post earlier but will bear that in mind, depends on final cost for the threaded option.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

I’d use a key klamp or a kee-lite. Same flange but clamps the tube rather than needing to be threaded. It’ll be easier to make and won’t twist.

http://export.rsdelivers.com/product/rosekrieger/13250000020/fs-diecast-al-base-clamp-25mm-od-tube/4181513.aspx

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Cheers, that’s one of the ones I have seen on my search but on the expensive side (£14/£15 for the flanges only)

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

marcus7 – Member
    Yeah the flange is threaded to suit, if can wait till monday i’ll find out for you….

Hi mate didn’t give you a shout on monday as wasn’t sure on cash for the week…sorted now! Can you give me item numbers for the barrel nipples and flanges as I can’t find them on their website.

Cheers

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

I feel violated…

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Non-violating bump for Marcus

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Anyone have contact details for Marcus7?

I was so close dammit!

marcus7

Hi lifer, I’m so sorry I didn’t get back to you, ive had a nightmare week, firstly work problems on Mon /Tue and then my wife was rushed into hospital an wed and I had loads to sort with the kids etc . She only came out today and its the first time I’ve even thought about stw!. My laptop is still at work and I don’t normally us my phone so its a bit of a cockup! I’ll email you on Monday to confirm the details but as ever the best laid plans get screwed by life. Again sorry for not getting back to you I’m not the sort of person to mess people about, cheers Marcus.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Threaded Flanges – where?’ is closed to new replies.