Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Thread to baggsy Lance's stripped victories
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

I baggsy the 2005 Tour de France. I had a couple of decent trailquests and got midway through day 2 of the South Downs Lemming before packing due to tendonitis. Given that every other rider seems to have been doping, that’s good enough for me.

I’m not greedy, I’ll leave the others for other people.

Signed

Ormondroyd
    2005 Tour de France winner

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

No…they should be eBayed off for his cancer charity…

…a good cause, despite all the ‘other’ stuff.

Stoner
    Free Member

I dont think your IndyFab gate is UCI approved. So you’re disqualified as well. I’ll take that 2005 TdF if you dont mind….

deus

Can i have the 2002 TdF?
    I broke my collar bone at the end of August that year and it would be a much more positive memory!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My IndyFab has never failed a drug test, Stoner.

Deus – it’s yours. Congratulations on your inspriational fight back from injury.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Has anyone who finished in the top three of said TdF’s NOT been caught doping????

If not they should raffle them off and use the money to buy todays clean roadies some decent drugs

jota180
    Free Member

I would have easily won in 2005

Some have said that it’s cheating using an R1 Yamaha but it never failed a UCI test, therefore perfectly legal, I will decline any request to have it retrospectively tested

trb
    Free Member

Can I have the 2000 one – on the account that the drugs I was using around that time weren’t actually performancing enhancing as such, more perfomance mellowing.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

You can’t have 2005. I won in 2005. 2004?

jfletch
    Free Member

Can I have the ’99 TdF.

I seem to remember that year my chain snapped while riding in the woods and being pre mobiles and not having any money for the phone box I had to walk all the way home and missed my tea.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Yes, jfletch. It’s yours. Although there were definitely mobiles in 1999, but we’ll let that go

mikewsmith
    Free Member

02, I have a box of Shiraz from that year that I can celebrate with

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

2012 is all mine!

Oh, hold on.

hels
    Free Member

I have this vision of TJ and LA sitting in a locked room somewhere shouting at each other “I didn’t dope !!” and “helmets are dangerous !!” for all of eternity.

shortcut

Who are they gonna give the titles to?

Basso, Ullrich? Erm – there is a problem here. And Armstrong did pass the tests at the time! What about Mercx and Antequile – they used!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have this vision of TJ and LA sitting in a locked room somewhere shouting at each other “I didn’t dope !!” and “helmets are dangerous !!” for all of eternity.

Doesn’t have to be a room together….

jota180
    Free Member

Who are they gonna give the titles to?

Did you not read the OP?
    This is what we’re trying to decide here

There’s a serious [?] thread elsewhere if you don’t want to play

jfletch
    Free Member

Yes, jfletch. It’s yours. Although there were definitely mobiles in 1999, but we’ll let that go

I never failed a test for a mobile phone, the title is mine!

downshep

I took a brufen during 10 under the Ben so I’m out. :o(

deus

Mikewsmith, step away from ’02 it’s taken, plus broken bone trumps alcoholic grape water.

although i might have to claim ’03 as well, that would be my coming back from injury victory.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

deus – Member
    Mikewsmith, step away from ’02 it’s taken, plus broken bone trumps alcoholic grape water.

You ain’t tasted this stuff :0 🙂

However 01 was nearly as good so I’ll have that one

LeeW

I’ll have 2004 if it’s still going, I should’ve got to the Olympics that year but missed out with a poorly knee.

stanfree
    Free Member

Heres a guy , thats just about to announce a press conference to claim the titles.

YOU LUCKY PEOPLE…..

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’ve got some inside info that “Tyres” is not entirely clean. Saw it on a late night docu-drama on Channel 4 around 1999/2000

yankee
    Free Member

Here’s an interesting graphic from Bicycling Magazine (USA) that shows who in the top 10 in each of the Lance years has been found doping during some point in their careers. In 2005, you had to go to 8th placed Cadel Evans to get a clean rider.
    http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/armstrong1150px.jpg

ormondroyd
    Free Member

So the 2005 standings are:

1st – me
    2nd – Cadel

scaled
    Free Member

Lol and more have been caught since that graphic was done!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Ormondroyd.
    Can I have his 2002 victory please?
    That’s the year I got my Claud Butler “Rock” to lose weight to help my rock climbing (hence my name).
    I over took 2 roadies on one ride and fell in love with riding bike, so much so that I gave up rock climbing.

So if it’s agreed

Tour de France winner 2002 = JohnClimber
    2nd place = Joseba Beloki (Operación Puerto)
    3rd place = Raimondas Rumšas (police discovered corticoids, erythropoietin, testosterone, growth hormones and anabolic steroids in the car of his wife)

PS. I was clean honest

fontmoss
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like anyone has taken 2001 yet so I’ll have that one please. It’ll be pretty cool whilst out riding my LeMond…

ormondroyd
    Free Member

3rd place = Raimondas Rumšas (police discovered corticoids, erythropoietin, testosterone, growth hormones and anabolic steroids in the car of his wife)

Belt and braces.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Right – before people go claiming some of these victories – I want you to prove that you werent taking banned subtances around that time.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In 2005, you had to go to 8th placed Cadel Evans to get a clean rider.

In 2005 Cadel Evans was the 2nd highest placed rider never to test positive?

And IIRC that list is retrospective so someone banned in 06, 07, 08…. would be crossed off that list.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve got 10 people* who will testify that JohnClimber was doped up to the eyeballs when he passed those two roadies on his Hardrock, so I’ll take 2002 please.

*2 of them are roadies who seem upset about being passed by a MTBer

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m clean, I’ve always been clean honest……… but

Does Guiness count against me?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Does Guiness count against me?

Was it washing down your Spanish steak?

DavidB
    Free Member

Russ Pinder gets 2003 as he won the trailbreak series from his hospital bed in Stoke Mandeville

instanthit
    Free Member

Sorry ormondroyd im going to have to contest the 2005 win as this is the year i dropped both my mates, on the Dragon Ride,it was my last year before the first child was born and i was on top form all year round.
    Just to come clean this is also the year that i met Lance and got his auotograph (can sell it on for £50, copies for a tenner) hope this wouldn’t count against me.

aa
    Free Member

i’m claiming it as i got 30 somethinkth at mayhem

(i may have tested positive for recreational if the uci had tested me. BUT, i have never tested positive)

rkk01
    Free Member

baggsy Lance’s stripped victories

Anyone claimed Sheryl Crow yet???

😉
    yes, I know, she’s an ex… 🙄

Edric64
    Free Member

The UCI have not stripped him of anything yet the US drug agency have no right to strip titles outside of their jurisdiction

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Thread to baggsy Lance's stripped victories’ is closed to new replies.