Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • "Thread closed. Either discuss in a civil manner or don't bother."
  • zokes
    Free Member

That’ll be politics threads banned too then?

At this rate all we’ll have left to talk about is bikes! 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

I get a free subscription if I report 20 posts a day

One more down.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Oh dear. Who’s done what to who now?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At this rate all we’ll have left to talk about is bikes!

Have you SEEN how heated a thread about tyre sizes can get? 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Have you SEEN how heated a thread about tyre sizes can get?

So tyre threads are back in then? I thought “wot tyre 4 freds” there deeply frowned upon!

loum
    Free Member

If this one stay’s civil, will it stay open?

zokes
    Free Member

What if I supply the catering?

logical
    Free Member

I get a free subscription if I report 20 posts a day

One more down.

You too?

I try to avoid the Polytick and tyre threads because they are rather heated. Like a Skoda rear window.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So tyre threads are back in then?

Not from my experience. I posted one asking the difference between Crows and Ravens, it didn’t get a single answer. Which kind of verified what I suspected – no one really knows. And which was all that I wanted to know 🙂

binners

I thought it was quite civil really, given the somewhat limited social skills on display most of the time

patriotpro
    Free Member

This has to be a record

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

difference between Crows and Ravens

Well, both are of the genus Corvus, the family Corvidae and in the Passeriforme order. However, ravens are among the largest of that genus, so the easiest way to tell is to see how big it is.

xcgb
    Free Member

But I think its OK to turn my bike upside down?

wrecker
    Free Member

That’ll be politics threads banned too then?

Hope so. Always brings out the very worst of STW.

IHN

If you see a rook on it’s own it’s a crow, if you see a load of crows together they’re rooks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you see a rook on it’s own it’s a crow, if you see a load of crows together they’re rooks.

You’ve got to admit, though, it can be murder telling the difference some times.

IGMC.

wwaswas

so the easiest way to tell is to see how big it is

*confused*

Coyote
    Free Member

Crows and rooks are very easy to tell apart. Rooks have a pale beak and a slightly more pronounced forehead than a crow. A crow is like a smaller raven which in turn is like a bigger crow.

#edit Also the original thread referenced in the title didn’t seem *too* unpleasant given some of the content on here. Maybe the mod in question was manstruating.

RustySpanner

Crow is a Union leader.
    Raven used to present ‘Newsround’.

Hope this helps.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

CFH

nice one 😆

hora
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is you get some adults who will help, reply and offer advise.

You get others who post for either the sake of it or to bicker/pick/get a raise.

zokes
    Free Member
    Scamper
    Free Member

That will be the big hitters, then Hora. Took three threads today on roughly the same topic for the rubbish to stop and it to be a genuinely interesting read.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Crow is a Union leader.
    Raven used to present ‘Newsround’.

ISIHAC awaits you 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Its wearing, it really is. ramming the same argument down your throat and not excepting that others will have a differing opinion to you. You wont change them like a light switch FFS.

Heres an example.

Crows and rooks are very easy to tell apart.

Why? Your wrong, heres a link to a fact/website that must be correct that proves you are wrong: http://www.Icreatedthiswebsiteinmybedroom.com/Crowisntlikehim

Just admit you are wrong, or you are a **** cock fella. IF you don’t admit it I’ll look at your profile and follow you around each subsequent thread taunting you. So you are wrong right?

zokes
    Free Member

Took three threads today on roughly the same topic for the rubbish to stop and it to be a genuinely interesting read.

The one this thread refers to was actually quite an interesting read up until the moment Drac killed it, unless he also deleted stuff I’ve not seen

Coyote
    Free Member

**** you Hora! You complete and utter ******* *** ***** ***** **** git. You’ve obviously never seen either a crow or a rook you ******* ****hole! Go on then. Follow me round. You cock.

And your ******** website is shite.
    🙂 <= for any mods that may be looking

zokes
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Listen, I’ve seen a few trade unionists, I’ve heard the news occasionally on them and I refer to Wiki quite often to my facts so back off. 😆

loum
    Free Member

And Lance is innocent 😉

maycontainnuts

hora meets Coyote

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRTUNh1vPo[/video]

camo16
    Free Member

Have I finally found the thread on which I can say ‘it’s possible that God exists’ without reaching for a flak jacket?

* reaches for flak jacket *

wwaswas

without reaching for a flak jacket?

* reaches for flak jacket *

apparently not.

chutney13
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4[/video]

Did you say “ban hammer”? i thought you said “Jan”.

Pyro

I love the fact the term “Banhammer” took off on here. There may have been others using it, but I think I brought that one in.

The fact I got it from a site full of argumentative, geeky role-players is an irony which hadn’t escaped my notice 😉

zokes
    Free Member

I wish they would. All of them. Remove them as soon as they start. Seriously I do.

Or how’s this for a radical suggestion: just don’t open them. HTH.

It never ceases to amaze me just how wound up some people on here can get after deliberately opening a thread they have no interest in, then reading it, then blaming the content of said thread for their angst.

binners

That’d be the same people who are also unaware that TV’s have off buttons 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Or how’s this for a radical suggestion: just don’t open them. HTH.

Yes. You’re very clever aren’t you?
    Where did I say I did that, or get ‘wound up’? Your words not mine.

Quite often threads are steered towards politics from something fairly innocent. Then the petty bickering and points scoring takes over, and I just get sick of it TBH.

unovolo
    Free Member

Not from my experience. I posted one asking the difference between Crows and Ravens, it didn’t get a single answer. Which kind of verified what I suspected – no one really knows. And which was all that I wanted to know

I have the same conundrum regarding the difference between “Raisins and Currants”.
    Tastier than a Crow or a Raven for that matter

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘"Thread closed. Either discuss in a civil manner or don't bother."’ is closed to new replies.