• This topic has 1,834 replies, 287 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,835 total)
  • Thoughts with the Queen and her family.
  • Twodogs

I do wonder how long BBC and ITV will keep running these news specials if she carries on for some days?

jambourgie
    Free Member

I do wonder how long BBC and ITV will keep running these news specials if she carries on for some days?

I know. Only keeping half an eye on it but not sure I can listen to Huw watching a pair of gates all weekend. Perhaps they’ll start interviewing other 96 year-old ladies, that should be, erm… interesting. Or back-to-back Queen concerts. That would be splendid.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I assume they are only doing the telly because they know, she’s either died or it’s expected imminently. They wouldn’t do it if it might be days or weeks.

dudeofdoom

Whatever, for everyone’s sake I do hope this next phase does not last too long – for both the family and the flagshaggers amongst us if this stretches to days/weeks, as it often does, it’ll be no fun

Yep,I do wonder if they get treated differently in this aspect.

Houns

She’s currently Schrödinger’s Queen

thecaptain
    Free Member

She isn’t dead, she’s resting.

StuF

Chapeau sir

SuperScale20
    Free Member

So will we have Queen Camilla soon the history books will treat her well.

convert

It’s also arguably slightly bizarre that the news feed is entirely consumed with this with us still in the ‘waiting phase’ whilst the nations single biggest financial decision has also been announced today – with monumental ramifications for all of us.

dudeofdoom

Does feel a bit like that,I’m getting that feeling that you get that history’s playing out in front of us.

mandog

From the 6pm BBC1 news you’d think she’s soon to take her last breath.

dudeofdoom

It’s also arguably slightly bizarre that the news feed is entirely consumed with this with us still in the ‘waiting phase’ whilst the nations single biggest financial decision has also been announced today – with monumental ramifications for all of us.

She’s the Queen,pleb!!

Don’t forget y/our place 🙂

csb

Aren’t they just coordinating the announcement?

tjagain

If she is end of life being kept comfortable at home then 12 to 72 hours would be the norm. And i hope they use the principles of the liverpool care pathway. Its codified best practice for end of life care. Its what i did

alanl
    Free Member

From the 6pm BBC1 news you’d think she’s soon to take her last breath.

I think that’s what’s happening. If it was just a bad cold etc, the whole family would not have been summoned to visit her on her deathbed. My guess is 10pm tonight.

v8ninety

She’s already dead I reckon. Google ‘operation London Bridge’; they are already several actions into the plan to break it to the public in a controlled fashion. Note the ‘inoffensive music’ on most of the radio stations at the moment. There will be a news flash at some point this evening I would imagine, when Prime Minister twoshortplanks will get to act all stateswomanish and Thatcher like outside No. 10.

tuboflard

I seem to recall that the official announcement is posted on the gates of Buckingham Palace? It does seem slightly premature that they’ve already invoked some aspects of Operation London Bridge (newsreaders in black, takeover on main terrestrial channels) before it’s happened. Been getting asked questions about it on and off throughout the day (local government as my employer) so things are being prepared.

As others have said, hopefully it’s a peaceful dignified end whatever you think of the monarchy.

Houns

Apparently it’s Operation Unicorn as she’s at Balmoral

dudeofdoom

I’d be surprised if they announce anything until all the people who are supposed to be going to balmoral have actually arrived.

Whether she’s gone or going.

greyspoke
    Free Member

More about the death of George V mentioned up-thread.

Cripes!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

It does seem slightly premature that they’ve already invoked some aspects of Operation London Bridge

it’s in full swing, I’m well down the pecking order of a very long list, and I’ve had my phone call several hours ago.

Edit. I should add, it’s a massive logistical operation that’s going to happen, a lot needs to be in place (so no, I have no idea if she has / hasn’t)

Houns

NW starting to talk about “overnight” as in last night

Houns

Union flag at half mast at Buckingham palace

scuttler

Official

dirkpitt74

RIP your Majesty.

anagallis_arvensis

Well, all thoughts are with her and her family, hope if she has gone it was peaceful and if she hasn’t it happens peacefully.

As a confirmed republican the next few weeks and maybe even months are going to be a challenge….will keep.my head down I think.

kelvin

Gone. A shame. Can we celebrate her life without making it about future Monarchs (or not) for now?

peter1979
    Free Member

Sad news ☹️

creakingdoor
    Free Member

There you have it

theotherjonv

Well done Madge. Stand down, duty over.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

RIP Your Maj.
    There’ll be some happy bastids on here now.

swavis

Feeling far more sad than I thought I would.

RIP Liz 😢

revs1972
    Free Member

And shes gone…

At least she saw the buffoon out the door before she went 😉

tuboflard

This all feels very surreal.

theotherjonv

bit annoyed; behind Huw in the newsroom as he announced it formally, two staffers were filming him on their mobiles.

Houns

Strangely emotional

RIP your Madge

sharkbait
    Free Member

Awww bugger 🙁

revs1972
    Free Member

There’ll be some happy bastids on here now.

Let hope they at least have the decency to keep their thoughts to themselves

Poopscoop

I still remember the little street party I attended as a kid for the Silver Jubilee.

argee

Sad news, it’s weird to think that most of the population have never known any other monarch, we’ve mostly never seen this in our lifetimes.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,835 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts with the Queen and her family.’ is closed to new replies.