Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,835 total)
  • Thoughts with the Queen and her family.
  • kelvin

Let’s hope she pulls through. I’m a republican, but I rate her highly as a human, I wish her well and hope we have her as head of state for a bit longer still.

mogrim

Boris will be fuming if she dies this week.

ads678
    Free Member

In before the thread goes very downhill.

I agree with Kelvin 100%

thegeneralist

I’d assumed this thread was because she had to suffer meetings with both BJ and Truss this week.

ernielynch
    Free Member

I honestly don’t understand why she hasn’t been advised to abdicate by now, or why she is insisting on hanging on.

It is ridiculous that a woman of 96 is still trying to do what she was doing 50 years ago.

hatter

Ditto, I’m a Republican at heart but in terms of how she’s performed the role in the past 7(!) decades, she’s hardly put a foot wrong and I have to respect that.

I hope she pulls through and if she doesn’t I hope it’s painless and dignified.

ayjaydoubleyou

Liz Truss confirmed as energy vampire

eddiebaby

I hope she pulls through and if she doesn’t I hope it’s painless and dignified.

Agreed.
    If she lives to a hundred who sends her a telegram?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I honestly don’t understand why she hasn’t been advised to abdicate by now, or why she is insisting on hanging on.

Her eldest son is a dangle berry.

Aye, she’s been a good monarch, time to quit that system on a high.

matt_outandabout

Has music on radio gone somewhat sombre?

I will message BiL – he works in tech behind news feeds, and there is a full protocol around some of this, and they ‘practised’ a few weeks ago….hmmm

intheborders
    Free Member

Aye, she’s been a good monarch, time to quit that system on a high.

+1

zippykona

She waved at me in Croydon and I waved back.
    That was nice. I like her .
    I like Charlie as well. Hopefully he will be more robust when dealing with scum bag PMs.

shermer75
    Free Member

Liz Truss confirmed as energy vampire

This made me chuckle!

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Those bruises on the back of her hand the other day didn’t look good. I’m no Dr though…
    Fingers crossed she pulls through.

shermer75
    Free Member

Old people just bruise incredibly easily, doesn’t necessarily indicate anything more sinister. They may have taken some blood for a test, and that can be enough

neilthewheel

I fear she’s taken one look at the new PM and decided to check out. She must wonder what it’s all been for.

pondo

In before the thread goes very downhill.

I agree with Kelvin 100%

+1 to both of these.

martinhutch

I think this is it, sadly. More upset than I thought I would be.

grahamt1980

I hope it is as quick and painless as possible if this is it.
    Shame as she has been a good monarch, unlikely that any of the future pretenders will be half as good

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, I hope this isn’t the end, I don’t think we need any more bad news right now.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Does anyone remember the 80s sci-fi horror Lifeforce?

shermer75
    Free Member

Remember when we thought 2016 was as bad as things could get? Sheeesh

shermer75
    Free Member

Does anyone remember the 80s sci-fi horror Lifeforce

I think I saw a bit of it, terrible film. Did it have Peter Firth in it?

doris5000

Yeah I quite like ol’ Brenda too, and hope she pulls through.

Though I do think they should just wind up the whole monarchy thing after she goes.

Boris will be fuming if she dies this week.

But that did make me guffaw

thepurist

there is a full protocol around some of this

Won’t say where I work but we have one of those, it’s been on standby for a while. Again, not a royalist but seems the family are all heading to Balmoral and IIRC when she’s been poorly before that sort of thing hasn’t been reported.

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe she was just hanging on to make sure Boris had finally gone – and to knock Liz Truss off the news headlines.

longdog
    Free Member

Not a fan of the royalty, but I’m actually feeling sad over her. Poor old lady should have stepped down some time ago and enjoyed a rest.

Kryton57

+1 to the op’s sentiment.

It is ridiculous that a woman of 96 is still trying to do what she was doing 50 years ago.

I always got the impression someone wanted a 100 year old Monarch to celebrate.

Cougar

Didn’t take Truss long to try and abolish the monarchy.

I have it on DVD.

dudeofdoom

Not a fan of the royalty, but I’m actually feeling sad over her. Poor old lady should have stepped down some time ago and enjoyed a rest.

+1

Good innings thou.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Im on the fence about the royal family, but they bring money in to the country, and the family issues make us realise that us normal folk are no different.

All I ask is can she hold up till spring now? I’d prefer a Bank Holiday in the spring rather than coming in to Autumn

dudeofdoom

I have it on DVD.

Is that the one with the nekkid lady in it ?

dudeofdoom

Hope she pulls thru,or it’s going to be a wall to wall sycophantic outpouring competition.

MoreCashThanDash

All I ask is can she hold up till spring now? I’d prefer a Bank Holiday in the spring rather than coming in to Autumn

On the other hand, no bank holiday between now and Christmas, if it was a decent autumn day, could be nice.

And I wouldn’t want her to linger and suffer, at a human level she’s an elderly lady, someone’s mum, granny, great granny. (Having a spell of deaths and funerals at the moment among friends and family.)

Klunk
    Free Member

she’ll be gutted not to get a telegram from herself!

a11y

Another +1 to the OP’s sentiment. I’m not a Royalist but the Queen’s comes across as a decent human being. If this is the time, then hopefully no lingering and suffering and prolonging of life if it causes those.

Is the monarch actually allowed to abdicate, is that permitted? I’m grateful she’s continued to reign as long as she has given who we’ve got following her.

mahowlett
    Free Member

Will be a bit of a piss take, if the new cabinet get a long weekend with the rest of us, they’ve already had the last few months off…

BillOddie

argee

Hopefully she’s got something left in the tank, but at 96 she’s made it to a good age with all her faculties, it’s weird she didn’t get to retire and just rest up in balmoral with her husband whilst he was alive, monarchies, like the Vatican are weird like that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,835 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts with the Queen and her family.’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.